"Baked lighting" + OIDN

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
sanjinms

"Baked lighting" + OIDN

Post by sanjinms »

Hi everyone!

I have read the topics related to "BAKE" with LuxCore and so far nothing has happened on this topic, but I think that now with the OIDN denoiser, we should consider it again.

Btw, I'm an architect and a large number of clients are looking for animation.

I thought that would be the ideal combination use LuxCore for lighting and all other effects to be used in EEVEE (something similar to Octane for Unreal Engine).

I am aware that this would be a large project for developers but if nothing, the "baking" option with LuxCore would only be enough.

I've already tried to use the Baking with Cycles (Blender 2.79b) so I used the saved images for Base color in Principled BSDF node (Blender 2.80 alpha). Then I switch viewport to "look dev" mode and turn off Scene world and Scene light. I did not use Irradiance volume, I just used Reflection Cubemap and it worked!

The reasons for this topic are the speed of animation, the movement through the scene that is illuminated and of course the power of LuxCore that make me happy day after day. :D :D :D
Last edited by sanjinms on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: "BAKED LIGHTING" + OIDN

Post by Sharlybg »

Currently the caching implementation is not yet finish. Bug fixing and improvement features to add.
But as luxcore Photon GI cache work on GPU and is far from enough at the current stage you can just use it with fast hardware (i mean 2× GTX 1080ti) and get 3min per frame or less with OIDN. You can also render at lower resolution and use AI upscaling software to improve after.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

But are you looking for true real-time interaction (i.e. more Unreal Engine than Eevee) or just for fast animation rendering ? As written by Sharlybg, PhotonGI cache is not to far from what you may be looking for. With a couple of good GPUs + denoiser, you can get a pretty decent result in few seconds (if you are only moving the camera around) and the quality is still miles better than Eevee.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
sanjinms

Post by sanjinms »

I use LuxCore for still images but through only designing and modeling it would be useful at least lighting by going through a model and it is a baked diffuse light.