How to view .exr in Natron as in Blender?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
S0rda

How to view .exr in Natron as in Blender?

Post by S0rda »

The question is not quite about the luxrender, but I hope they will help me.
The fact is that I saved the result of the render in the luxrender in two formats, png and exr. So, when I open the png in the viewer, everything is as it should. When I open "RenderLayer.RGBA.RGBA" in Natron, I have a problem - it seems that either I, or natron, cannot choose the color space, because of which the render (in natron) has either great contrast or gamma problems, but everything still far from what should be in PNG. Is there information on how to make an exp file in natron show all layers as if they were shown in the blender composer?

=========================================

I absolutely do not need to do it in natron. Any other editor that can open exr will do. To be honest, I would prefer to edit this file even in the gimp, all I need is to change the color of a couple of layers and adjust the gamma or contrast. Just Natron is all that I found from free software that is able to open exr.
tayo6

Re: How to view .exr in Natron as in Blender?

Post by tayo6 »

S0rda wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:51 pm The question is not quite about the luxrender, but I hope they will help me.
The fact is that I saved the result of the render in the luxrender in two formats, png and exr. So, when I open the png in the viewer, everything is as it should. When I open "RenderLayer.RGBA.RGBA" in Natron, I have a problem - it seems that either I, or natron, cannot choose the color space, because of which the render (in natron) has either great contrast or gamma problems, but everything still far from what should be in PNG. Is there information on how to make an exp file in natron show all layers as if they were shown in the blender composer?

=========================================

I absolutely do not need to do it in natron. Any other editor that can open exr will do. To be honest, I would prefer to edit this file even in the gimp, all I need is to change the color of a couple of layers and adjust the gamma or contrast. Just Natron is all that I found from free software that is able to open exr.
I think blender does allow people to view and edit exr files for compositing
S0rda

Re: How to view .exr in Natron as in Blender?

Post by S0rda »

As a result, it turned out that it would be hundreds of times faster to do this in Blender. In natron for ten hours of attempts, I could not achieve a clear result. It's horrible.