LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
User avatar
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:06 am

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by epilectrolytics » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm

It works, thanks!
MBPro 15" 16GB i7-4850HQ GT750M, MacOS 10.13.6 & Win10Pro PC 16GB Ryzen 2700X, RTX 2070, GTX 1060

Rivental1
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by Rivental1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Thank very match, guys!!!

Taka
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by Taka » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Awesome guys!

kintuX
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 am

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by kintuX » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am

:D Well, i didn't went for 16K yet...
but did Sharlybg's "Food" Scene with Tiled Sampler, tiled OIDN...
all in all roughly 50min @ 10K! on Q M5000 & GTX1070 8-)

Screenshot:
Foods_0003-LuxCore_v2.2b2-OIDNtiled(10K) Screenshot.jpg

Links to Images (are Over 25MB & can't be loaded here)
>>> RAW
>>> OIDN

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by Dade » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 am

kintuX wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am
:D Well, i didn't went for 16K yet...
but did Sharlybg's "Food" Scene with Tiled Sampler, tiled OIDN...
all in all roughly 50min @ 10K! on Q M5000 & GTX1070 8-)
The only reason I haven't yet removed TILEPATH render engine ... and I want really badly to remove that code, it is literally useless in any other possible case but very high image resolution rendering.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

bnzs1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by bnzs1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:13 pm

hi, it would be very nice if in release notice will show some pictures were shown what new feature affect. because for peoples from other render engines unclear what function what do
Here example how this do other render engines when they release new version:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

kintuX
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 am

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by kintuX » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:41 pm

Dade wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 am
kintuX wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am
:D Well, i didn't went for 16K yet...
but did Sharlybg's "Food" Scene with Tiled Sampler, tiled OIDN...
all in all roughly 50min @ 10K! on Q M5000 & GTX1070 8-)
The only reason I haven't yet removed TILEPATH render engine ... and I want really badly to remove that code, it is literally useless in any other possible case but very high image resolution rendering.
Is that part of the code that bad? Is it lousy sampler? Causing regression in a way? Unoptimised? ... :? Do you have an alternative in mind?

Because without a simple "click the check box" option it takes a day to get 10K denoised image doing it the old school way (tiled animated camera then stitching tiles in image editor) for experienced user. New comers will simply turn away. Demands for large scale imagery grows in archviz & carviz arena - 8K becoming the norm.

W/o bucket rendering, it's quite a problem for Corona dev. (ie. 30k render (strip renders) do not match near shadow catcher plane, Increase of rendertime with size of render, Render Big Resolution...)
So you're running a marathon, suddenly have a huge advantage, but because you're alone in front you wanna shoot yourself in a leg... ;) ah, well. Please, visit other forums, check user requests, demands & think about it. Buckets still present huge advantage, especially for serious production (VRay, Arnold, PRMan, RedShift, Cycles...).

& You also wanna cut off the Light Groups... oh, man :roll: This community is lacking more pro-users to give you force, motivation, high, healthy spirit to go on. You're making one of the greatest open source engines ever! but is lacking some very fundamental features (displacement, simple material settings as was before in Blender with classic Lux, Texture sampling filters, then Classic GUI - Standalone app alike Studio...)

I really hope you see where you're at, cuz for many artists i talk with, show the capabilities, this stuff is beyond their wildest dreams. 8-)

Odilkhan Yakubov
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:27 am

kintuX wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:41 pm
Dade wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 am
kintuX wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am
:D Well, i didn't went for 16K yet...
but did Sharlybg's "Food" Scene with Tiled Sampler, tiled OIDN...
all in all roughly 50min @ 10K! on Q M5000 & GTX1070 8-)
The only reason I haven't yet removed TILEPATH render engine ... and I want really badly to remove that code, it is literally useless in any other possible case but very high image resolution rendering.
Is that part of the code that bad? Is it lousy sampler? Causing regression in a way? Unoptimised? ... :? Do you have an alternative in mind?

Because without a simple "click the check box" option it takes a day to get 10K denoised image doing it the old school way (tiled animated camera then stitching tiles in image editor) for experienced user. New comers will simply turn away. Demands for large scale imagery grows in archviz & carviz arena - 8K becoming the norm.

W/o bucket rendering, it's quite a problem for Corona dev. (ie. 30k render (strip renders) do not match near shadow catcher plane, Increase of rendertime with size of render, Render Big Resolution...)
So you're running a marathon, suddenly have a huge advantage, but because you're alone in front you wanna shoot yourself in a leg... ;) ah, well. Please, visit other forums, check user requests, demands & think about it. Buckets still present huge advantage, especially for serious production (VRay, Arnold, PRMan, RedShift, Cycles...).

& You also wanna cut off the Light Groups... oh, man :roll: This community is lacking more pro-users to give you force, motivation, high, healthy spirit to go on. You're making one of the greatest open source engines ever! but is lacking some very fundamental features (displacement, simple material settings as was before in Blender with classic Lux, Texture sampling filters, then Classic GUI - Standalone app alike Studio...)

I really hope you see where you're at, cuz for many artists i talk with, show the capabilities, this stuff is beyond their wildest dreams. 8-)
I agree with you. I'm and a lot of users are still using Tiled PATH (a.k.a. Progressive refine in Cycyles). It is really faster in both case: in CPU and in GPU rendering. I think you must re-think again. This is just checkbox option, you know ;)
Allah bless us!

User avatar
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:07 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.2beta2 released

Post by FarbigeWelt » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 am

bnzs1 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:13 pm
hi, it would be very nice if in release notice will show some pictures were shown what new feature affect. because for peoples from other render engines unclear what function what do
Here example how this do other render engines when they release new version:
According to your links, the pictures are from Corona page. Please use a note and limit the number to max a handful of examples.

The idea is good. There is also the ask in the forum for example scenes in one B.Y.O.B.‘s posts. Please share your own work if it meets your expectations regarding public relations for next release.
160.8 | 42.8 (10.7) Gfp / Windows 10 Pro, intel i7 4770K@3.5, 32 GB | AMD R9 290x+R9 390x, 4 GB
17.3 | 19.0 ( 4.7) Gfp / macOS X 13.6, iMac 27'', 2010, intel i7 870@2.93, 24 GB | ATI Radeon HD 5750, 1 GB
#luxcorerender | Gfp = SFFT Gflops

Post Reply