LuxCore standalone questions

Discussion related to the Engine functionality, implementations and API.
Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 am

How can i change default film resolution, now it's 1920 x 1080 in LuxCore Ui?
I was able to add some presets, but default i can not find.
Set resolution.jpg
Made default font size 2x bigger, but to change default font type, if anybody can help with that?
Ui font scale increased 2x.jpg
Added longer refresh interval for this long CPU renders, but this is mostly pointless.
Also copied an color scheme from imgui forum topic.
Refresh 6min.jpg

User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 2253
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 am

To decouple resolution from window size I would recommend to open the Tool menu and select "Image view". This will also set the refresh time to 4 seconds.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:17 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 am
To decouple resolution from window size I would recommend to open the Tool menu and select "Image view". This will also set the refresh time to 4 seconds.
Yes i have it by default now in cfg

Code: Select all

screen.tool.type = IMAGE_VIEW

Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:21 pm

If anybody likes to change their color scheme,
the stats window color is in luxcoreapp.cpp

Code: Select all

ImVec4 LuxCoreApp::colLabel = ImVec4(
Most of it can be found in imgui.cpp

Code: Select all

ImGuiStyle::ImGuiStyle()
LuxCoreRender Stats Window Colors.jpg

Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 am

About the fonts in LuxCore standalone, the tutorial was like below

Code: Select all

// load the Roboto-Medium.ttf file from the media directory
ImFont *pRoboto26 = GUI->addFontFromFileTTF("D:/CP/Roboto-Medium.ttf", 26.0f);
GUI->compileFonts();
ImGui::PushFont(ImFont * pFont)
Now i'm not sure in what file i have to put this lines and where, imgui.cpp, imgui_draw.cpp, luxcoreapp.cpp

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by lacilaci » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:14 am

Fox wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:21 pm
If anybody likes to change their color scheme,
the stats window color is in luxcoreapp.cpp

Code: Select all

ImVec4 LuxCoreApp::colLabel = ImVec4(
Most of it can be found in imgui.cpp

Code: Select all

ImGuiStyle::ImGuiStyle()
LuxCoreRender Stats Window Colors.jpg
Why isn't this a default?

It is kinda weird to see renderer UI have a color cast to it like it does now. It's almost like Dade is intentionally trying to throw people's color perception off, in a color sensitive work! :D

Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:55 am

lacilaci wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:14 am
Why isn't this a default?

It is kinda weird to see renderer UI have a color cast to it like it does now. It's almost like Dade is intentionally trying to throw people's color perception off, in a color sensitive work! :D
It's more of a testing tool for devs, i'm all in with LuxCore blender internal when auto save feature comes, the new Blender 2.8 ui looks so beautiful.

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by lacilaci » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:17 am

Fox wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:55 am
lacilaci wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:14 am
Why isn't this a default?

It is kinda weird to see renderer UI have a color cast to it like it does now. It's almost like Dade is intentionally trying to throw people's color perception off, in a color sensitive work! :D
It's more of a testing tool for devs, i'm all in with LuxCore blender internal when auto save feature comes, the new Blender 2.8 ui looks so beautiful.
Yeah I guess you're right... And yes 2.8 is great, I always build everything in 2.8 and then move to 2.79 for luxcore rendering(painfull process).

Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:38 pm

If somebody is in the need of doing Direct Light Sampling Cache or PhotonGi Cache in the standalone version,
then it's smart to set default render resolution, so you would not need to wait after 2 Cache builds.

luxcorerender\LuxCore\samples\luxcoreui\uiloop.cpp
Somewhere under the section

Code: Select all

	//--------------------------------------------------------------------------
	// Create the window
	//--------------------------------------------------------------------------
LuxCoreRender Resolution.png

Fox
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: LuxCore standalone questions

Post by Fox » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:15 am

HowTo get custom font and font size.

\luxcorerender\LuxCore\samples\luxcoreui\imgui_impl_glfw.cpp
Add what's in green, and make sure you set the correct url for the TTF font file on your drive.
HowTo Custom Fonts In LuxCore UI.png
LuxCore UI Custom Fonts.jpg

Post Reply