BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
zeealpal
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by zeealpal » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:28 am

Hey! Potential feature request.

Would it be possible to have an option to convert Cycles nodes to Lux nodes? Not at render time, but either across the scene or for a material?

Often I end up remaking materials from scratch, but it would be nice to have the translation attempt, as well as the colours/textures brought across.

User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 3553
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 pm

zeealpal wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:28 am
Hey! Potential feature request.

Would it be possible to have an option to convert Cycles nodes to Lux nodes? Not at render time, but either across the scene or for a material?

Often I end up remaking materials from scratch, but it would be nice to have the translation attempt, as well as the colours/textures brought across.
I won't work on it. I have decided to implement a cycles node reader without node conversion step, because I don't like to do the same work twice.
But if someone else wants to do it, feel free.

Assuming that the node reader works perfectly, it is superior to a node converter, because if the user edits the material, it is not necessary to keep two node trees in sync manually.

User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 3553
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 pm

zareami10 has submitted another patch, this time adding alpha channel support to the final render denoised AOV.

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by Sharlybg » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Assuming that the node reader works perfectly, it is superior to a node converter, because if the user edits the material, it is not necessary to keep two node trees in sync manually.
Ah remenber something. What are currently unsupported thing of the node reader ?
Also is it possible to have a per material reader ? I mean when i say use cycles node i want it apply on a given material not all at once.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

zeealpal
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by zeealpal » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:08 pm

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 pm
zeealpal wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:28 am
Hey! Potential feature request.

Would it be possible to have an option to convert Cycles nodes to Lux nodes? Not at render time, but either across the scene or for a material?

Often I end up remaking materials from scratch, but it would be nice to have the translation attempt, as well as the colours/textures brought across.
I won't work on it. I have decided to implement a cycles node reader without node conversion step, because I don't like to do the same work twice.
But if someone else wants to do it, feel free.

Assuming that the node reader works perfectly, it is superior to a node converter, because if the user edits the material, it is not necessary to keep two node trees in sync manually.
That makes sense. I wasn't thinking anything that would keep nodes in sync, just more of a kick-start to setting up Lux materials as I generally use Lux nodes.

Thanks

Edit: Having a quick look at the Cycles Material reader, it looks like it reads Cycles nodes straight into LuxCore scene configurations?

For some reason I had assumed it converted the Cycles node trees into LuxCore node trees (in Blender) and then exported it.
Last edited by zeealpal on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 3553
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Sharlybg wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm
Ah remenber something. What are currently unsupported thing of the node reader ?
See https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/272
Sharlybg wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm
Also is it possible to have a per material reader ? I mean when i say use cycles node i want it apply on a given material not all at once.
You can enable/disable the usage of Cycles nodes per material, there is a checkbox.

CodeHD
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by CodeHD » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:03 pm

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 pm
zareami10 has submitted another patch, this time adding alpha channel support to the final render denoised AOV.
Nice, I have to look at how he implemented it... I tried to do this a few weeks ago myself but didn't quite succeed :lol:

chafouin
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by chafouin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 am

Would it be possible to add support to use IES as masks, i.e. normalizing the embedded light intensity so it can work with regular light intensities, or to use the IES profile intensity?
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Eng ... index.html

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4218
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by Dade » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:56 am

chafouin wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 am
Would it be possible to add support to use IES as masks, i.e. normalizing the embedded light intensity so it can work with regular light intensities, or to use the IES profile intensity?
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Eng ... index.html
Adding a normalize flag it is pretty much trivial. The IES map is always transformed in an image map: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... s.cpp#L109

It is about adding here 3 lines of code to normalize the image map pixels: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... s.cpp#L131

Plus a line of code to parse the option (like the ".flipz" option). If someone want to take the task, it is really easy.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
Odilkhan Yakubov
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Why the Denoised image is the same as Combined? Meaning not Denoising.
Allah bless us!

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6Gb GDDR5 192bit
RAM: 3Gb DDR2 800Mhz (too old :( )
OS: Win7 64bit
Blender: 2.82a (2.90 too)
LuxCore: v2.3 (using Latest build sometimes too)

Post Reply