A Few Suggestions For Awesome Lux Developers

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
JoeDDD

A Few Suggestions For Awesome Lux Developers

Post by JoeDDD »

(I know it is anything but easy to program and make new features like these but I am still posting this thread becasue maybe some of these suggestions/features could improve luxcorerender one day)
1. Node Editor suggestions

-noise node sockets

-Fresnel node

-attribute node (I dont know if there already is one but it is very helpful for multible uvmaps)

-Light node editor (easier value and color manipulation)

-Color ramp (more artist frendly than color band) (dont remove the color band node if you add a color ramp node please becasue it is still useful in some cases)

-Image color manipulation nodes

-more noise textures (I dont know if that is even possible or how hard it is to implement something like that so I will appreciate if you can tell me if is it even possible)

2. LuxcoreImagepipeline

-More bloom options (Options for bloom for octane render)

-More color aberration settings:
-which color channels are shifted

-Dynamic Range (similar to blenders filmic option but it would have more settings like number of stops and etc...)

3. Automatic sun color checkbox

I would be happy if you would tell me which of these options are possible to implement and which are not :D .
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: A Few Suggestions For Awesome Lux Developers

Post by Dade »

JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 pm 3. Automatic sun color checkbox
What do you mean ? The sun color is already computed automatically :?:
JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 pm I would be happy if you would tell me which of these options are possible to implement and which are not :D .
They all look possible, some one is even easy to add, but main problem, as usual, is find people and time to write them.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: A Few Suggestions For Awesome Lux Developers

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 pm -attribute node (I dont know if there already is one but it is very helpful for multible uvmaps)
LuxCore currently does not support multiple UV maps, but when it does, I would implement something better than this lazy attribute node.
Probably a dropdown list of available UV maps.
JoeDDD wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 pm -Color ramp (more artist frendly than color band) (dont remove the color band node if you add a color ramp node please becasue it is still useful in some cases)
This is unfortunately very hard to do in the current Blender API, otherwise I would have implemented it like that. The band node is the closest I could get without resorting to annoying hacks.

The rest looks doable.