Network rendering support

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Re: Network rendering support

Post by jensverwiebe »

Dade wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:14 pm You can use a command line option like "-D opencl.devices.select 010" to have a specific setting in every rendering node. You can use any number of custom properties and they will be used to override the settings coming from the network.
Yes i know, but i prefer not to have intel ocl in any case on linux.
Remember the flag incompatibilities also ? Afaik -strict-aliasing is borked on intel ocl. Not worth the hazzle.
Seems 'am back for good in "all directions" again :)

Jens
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

OSX nodes now checked too, there is a change noticed:
Although the export was with "use_gpu" but not "use_cpu" for ocl, the mac now uses all available
ocl devices. I guess thats wanted unless i define other way.
I overlooked this cause my expectation was exported config is used in first place.

EDIT: i noticed combining gpu('s) with cpu is much more effecient as it formely was, the win is noticable now.
I may reconsider my linux setup too.

EDIT2: just FYI: an 3.8GHz i7 5960 8core only adds 2 % over my 3 gpu, so i stay without using it for ocl.
Removed last statement for osx, the better speed is from gpu alone, seems something else was also optimized by the latter fixes.
The additionally cpu on mac also gives only a few % but lot more heat indeed ( good in winter but surely on edge in summer :D )

EDIT3: aaah, now ic:

Code: Select all

-			opencl.gpu.workgroup.size = 0
+			opencl.gpu.workgroup.size = 64
This explains it :idea:

Alright so far ... Jens
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Added the support for rendering multiples files with something like:

pyluxcorenetconsole --halt-spp 1000 scene1.bcf --halt-spp 1500 scene2.bcf
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

Atm. try to debug ( hash 38f7772 ):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "samples/pyluxcorenetconsole/pyluxcorenetconsole.py", line 38, in <module>
    cmd.main(sys.argv)
  File "./lib/pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/pyluxcorenetconsole/cmd.py", line 177, in main
    line = line.strip()
  File "./lib/pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/pyluxcorenetconsole/cmd.py", line 149, in Exec

File "./lib/pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/renderfarm/renderfarmjobsingleimage.py", line 76, in __init__
  RuntimeError: unregistered class
Not yet any idea
Last edited by jensverwiebe on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

jensverwiebe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 pm Atm. try to debug ( hash 38f7772 ):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "samples/pyluxcorenetconsole/pyluxcorenetconsole.py", line 38, in <module>
    cmd.main(sys.argv)
  File "./lib/pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/pyluxcorenetconsole/cmd.py", line 177, in main
    line = line.strip()
  File "./lib/pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/pyluxcorenetconsole/cmd.py", line 149, in Exec

File "./lib/pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/renderfarm/renderfarmjobsingleimage.py", line 76, in __init__
Not yet any idea
The error ? You forgot to copy the last line of the message. Previous log messages are significative too.

If you get an error while loading the film (and the film file is not corrupted), you may be using executable compiled from different source versions or different Boost version, etc. Check to use the same executable everywhere.
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

Ups, error is "RuntimeError: unregistered class"

Hmm the build env, did not change, i recheck ...

EDIT: you are right, deleting .flm made the issue go away.
I tested clang builds yesterday ( 10% faster in nativeCPU btw. ) and in this direction it worked. ( gcc created flm -> clang )
But something slipped in once it was touched.

EDIT2: it was testing if we are c++11 ready ( we are not ), so once touched with an c++11 build and going back it broke, makes complete sense..
"Normal" clang vs. gcc builds are fully interchangable.

EDIT3: forgot ... thx Dade for explanation.

Jens
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

jensverwiebe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm EDIT2: it was testing if we are c++11 ready ( we are not ), so once touched with an c++11 build and going back it broke, makes complete sense..
"Normal" clang vs. gcc builds are fully interchangable.
The version of OpenImageIO we are using is not compatible with C++11 so we can not switch at the moment. However, after the release of v2.0 we can upgrade everything (including the Python version required by Blender v2.8).
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 pm (including the Python version required by Blender v2.8).
We might want to wait with that, I will wait for 2.8 to get more stable before I start making the new addon ready for it.
At the moment from what I read 2.8 is unusable for anything but experimental tests (a bit like BlendLuxCore), half of the stuff is not working, so it might take months until we have to switch the Python version.

However I'm all for updating of libraries and testing if we maybe can switch to clang completely (IMO it generates much better error messages than gcc and the speedup is a nice plus, too).
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 pm [snip] ... [/snip]
However I'm all for updating of libraries and testing if we maybe can switch to clang completely (IMO it generates much better error messages than gcc and the speedup is a nice plus, too).
+ clang compiles a lot faster, something good for developer nerves :roll:

Jens
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Just forget to ask and propose if possible :

__ i don't know the GUI tools behind blender and old luxrender UI but assume the licence here must bring what we need.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA