New Website

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
AndreD

New Website

Post by AndreD »

Just want to say: The new website looks awesome, simple and clean!

Congratulation and thank you! :-)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: New Website

Post by Dade »

Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
SATtva
Supporting Users

Post by SATtva »

Got a minor bug report regarding the main page: I would expect the carousel at the top to have active links to corresponding pages (like the "Read More" links below). At the moment it doesn't so the user has to scroll down in order to jump to a specific feature description.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

SATtva wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 am Got a minor bug report regarding the main page: I would expect the carousel at the top to have active links to corresponding pages (like the "Read More" links below). At the moment it doesn't so the user has to scroll down in order to jump to a specific feature description.
I know, the problem is the left mouse click is mapped on dragging forward or backward the image. It is how the pre-made WordPress slider work. I will look for a solution if I ever found the will to dig in javascript code :mrgreen:
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

I have a suggestion regarding these information boxes. I think it would look better, if the preview information is maximum 2 sentences, so it would fit into this box and no ... follows. That way it would look a lot cleaner and read more button gives this additional information that you are looking for anyway. So no need to squeeze this text and have weird word splits :D.
Attachments
luxcore_website.JPG
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:27 pm I have a suggestion regarding these information boxes. I think it would look better, if the preview information is maximum 2 sentences, so it would fit into this box and no ... follows. That way it would look a lot cleaner and read more button gives this additional information that you are looking for anyway. So no need to squeeze this text and have weird word splits :D.
At the moment, the PHP code of the WordPress style just abruptly cut the text. This can indeed be improved but it isn't exactly at the top of my priority ... if someone want do it I can point you where the code is ;)
pafurijaz

Post by pafurijaz »

Compliments to developer, this version a change the game and I think it will be a thorn in the side to many rendering engine, really a significant improvement in speed and integration with Blender, I had left Luxrender for some time , but I still installed the latest version even if never used for various problems, I hope to do something with this, awesome now I have to better understand how it works. 8-)
klayman

Post by klayman »

I've independently spotted the problems discussed here and created a pull request with my fixes. There are other issues with the design on some pages as well, but they require editing the page content in WordPress.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

klayman wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:19 am I've independently spotted the problems discussed here and created a pull request with my fixes. There are other issues with the design on some pages as well, but they require editing the page content in WordPress.
Thanks you for giving help there. My ideas about the general mood of the website :

1/ something less colorfull but with strong professional expression : Like

https://www.chaosgroup.com/

https://www.indigorenderer.com/

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/

Maybe it will require new render for banner to stay in the global design appearence.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

klayman wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:19 am I've independently spotted the problems discussed here and created a pull request with my fixes. There are other issues with the design on some pages as well, but they require editing the page content in WordPress.
Thanks, give me a couple of days to set up the test site.