What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Discussion related to the Engine functionality, implementations and API.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm

What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Post by Dade » Wed May 30, 2018 10:04 am

The release notes of the under development v2.1 are available here: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.1
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Re: What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Post by Dade » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 am

I have recently discover a serious bug in TILEPATHOCL: there was a change, when the TODO tile list was empty, to render multiple times the same tile pass by error (i.e. doing an useless work). The TODO list can be empty when you have a lot of CPU cores/GPUs (note: each GPU can render up to 16 tiles in parallel so it is not rare to have an empty list). It can also happen when adaptive rendering has left only few tiles to render.

Aside from the waste of time/resources, the injection of duplicate data was also causing problems with the convergence test and the denoiser. During the fix of this problem, I have also discover another major problem with TILEPATHOCL and the denoiser resulting in a very blurred output.

I should have fixed all problems now.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
Sharlybg
Supporting Users
Posts: 884
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Post by Sharlybg » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:25 am

I have recently discover a serious bug in TILEPATHOCL: there was a change, when the TODO tile list was empty, to render multiple times the same tile pass by error (i.e. doing an useless work). The TODO list can be empty when you have a lot of CPU cores/GPUs (note: each GPU can render up to 16 tiles in parallel so it is not rare to have an empty list). It can also happen when adaptive rendering has left only few tiles to render.

Aside from the waste of time/resources, the injection of duplicate data was also causing problems with the convergence test and the denoiser. During the fix of this problem, I have also discover another major problem with TILEPATHOCL and the denoiser resulting in a very blurred output.

I should have fixed all problems now.
SERIAL BUG KiLLER Mod ON :twisted: THANKS !
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

Post Reply