New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4689
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by Dade » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am

rr.jpg

The limit of 32 AOV types has been lifted (we were at the cap) and the support for new Reflect/Transmit AOVs has been added:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT

They are the result of splitting reflections/transmissions of already available AOVs:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE = DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY = DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE = INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY = INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR = INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT + INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Shantarli
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by Shantarli » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:29 pm

This is great!

juangea
Donor
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by juangea » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:17 am

AWESOME!

I’ll test it ASAP :)

Still no Albedo things and such, right?

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4689
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by Dade » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:39 am

juangea wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:17 am
Still no Albedo things and such, right?
What do you mean ? What type of albedo ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

juangea
Donor
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by juangea » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:10 pm

The same kind of AOV’s as Cycles I mean:

Direct Diffuse / Indirect Diffuse / Diffuse Color (Albedo)

:)

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 2288
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by Sharlybg » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:25 pm

juangea wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:10 pm
The same kind of AOV’s as Cycles I mean:

Direct Diffuse / Indirect Diffuse / Diffuse Color (Albedo)

:)
What about theses one ?
AOVs.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4689
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by Dade » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:48 pm

juangea wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:10 pm
The same kind of AOV’s as Cycles I mean:

Direct Diffuse / Indirect Diffuse / Diffuse Color (Albedo)
But Albedo is constant, there is no direct/indirect difference :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

juangea
Donor
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by juangea » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Albedo is just diffuse color, but I also mean the Specular Direct/Specular Indirect/Specular Color, the AOV comporting workflow from Cycles, the one we talked about when we spoke about the OIDN Cycles workflow, I’m not sure if I’m explaining well :)

juangea
Donor
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by juangea » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Sharlybg wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:25 pm
juangea wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:10 pm
The same kind of AOV’s as Cycles I mean:

Direct Diffuse / Indirect Diffuse / Diffuse Color (Albedo)

:)
What about theses one ?
AOVs.jpg
But those direct/indirect AOVs include color Albedo information right? Not like the ones in Cycles, right?

Sorry I don’t have the computer here to test it, maybe it’s already implemented and I missed it :S

JulianoLisboa
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:29 am

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by JulianoLisboa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Dade wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am
rr.jpg


The limit of 32 AOV types has been lifted (we were at the cap) and the support for new Reflect/Transmit AOVs has been added:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT

They are the result of splitting reflections/transmissions of already available AOVs:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE = DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY = DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE = INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY = INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR = INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT + INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT
LOL Great. It will be very useful.

Post Reply