How to build latest without OpenCL? Linux

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Shantarli

How to build latest without OpenCL? Linux

Post by Shantarli »

Hello, guys.
Maybe my question does not match the title, help me sort it out

I'm trying to configure the network render using my old, but powerful server running ubuntu 20.04
I know that this particular machine has problems with OpenCL, so i tried to compilate 2.4v by myself using instructions from here.
LinuxCompile github page tells me this:
You don't need to install OpenCL or CUDA SDK anymore. The binaries will check at
run time if OpenCL and/or CUDA are available and enable/disable the support
accordling.
So i ran "./first_run.sh", waited a bit and got the compilated program. However, when I try to render my example scene with some caustics from my main machine & server running as node i got this error:

Code: Select all

[Thread-1][2020-06-21 22:03:23,404] [LuxRays][149.765] OpenCL support: enabled
[Thread-1][2020-06-21 22:03:23,404] OpenCL driver API error (code: -1001, file:/home/fakelake/Desktop/LinuxCompile/LuxCore/src/luxrays/devices/ocldevice.cpp, line: 72): -1001
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pyluxcoretools.zip/pyluxcoretools/renderfarm/renderfarmnode.py", line 177, in __HandleConnection
    session = pyluxcore.RenderSession(config)
RuntimeError: OpenCL driver API error (code: -1001, file:/home/fakelake/Desktop/LinuxCompile/LuxCore/src/luxrays/devices/ocldevice.cpp, line: 72): -1001

[Thread-1][2020-06-21 22:03:23,434] Connection done: ('200.1.200.73', 51585)
[Thread-1][2020-06-21 22:03:23,468] Waiting for a new connection
I do not understand a few things:
Does string "OpenCL support: enabled" indicates that LuxCore was compilated with OpenCL on? If yes, how can i recompile LuxCore with OpenCl turned off? I work calmly in the console, but the C++ compilation and its configuration files are unknown to me. Do I need to put some kind of flag or change something inside some file?
"[Thread-1]" string in the log. Does this mean that only 1 core is working? Or it's okay while preparing the scene?

I apologize for the possible typos, unfortunately English is not my native language. Thank you in advance.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: How to build latest without OpenCL? Linux

Post by Dade »

Shantarli wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:42 pm I do not understand a few things:
Does string "OpenCL support: enabled" indicates that LuxCore was compilated with OpenCL on?
Yes, it is always compiled now. It indicates OpenCL has been successfully initialized.

It is like you have the OpenCL ICD installed but the installation is broken. You should remove the OpenCL ICD if you don't have any GPU or fix the OpenCL driver installation (i.e. run LuxMark to check if it works fine).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Shantarli

Re: How to build latest without OpenCL? Linux

Post by Shantarli »

Dade wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:49 am
Shantarli wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:42 pm I do not understand a few things:
Does string "OpenCL support: enabled" indicates that LuxCore was compilated with OpenCL on?
Yes, it is always compiled now. It indicates OpenCL has been successfully initialized.

It is like you have the OpenCL ICD installed but the installation is broken. You should remove the OpenCL ICD if you don't have any GPU or fix the OpenCL driver installation (i.e. run LuxMark to check if it works fine).

Thanks, Dade!
I deleted ocl-icd-libopencl1 and everything is fine now :)