Optix/RTX support

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Dade » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Sharlybg wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:21 pm
Dade wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:08 pm
It is now possible to disable Optix (even if it is enabled and available) with the property:

Code: Select all

context.cuda.optix.enable = 0
Is it normal to not see optix in the first alpha build of blendluxcore. i know you said it is enable by default.
Do you have Optix enabled NVIDIA drivers ? Try to post the log of a rendering.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Sharlybg » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Do you have Optix enabled NVIDIA drivers ? Try to post the log of a rendering.
I don't know how to do both.

1__ How to verify that the driver is optix powered ( i've take a look in nvidia control panel and didn't see anything related)
pilot version is 432.00

2__ Wher is the Log in blendluxcore (The Npanel in render session ?)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Dade » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Sharlybg wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm
Do you have Optix enabled NVIDIA drivers ? Try to post the log of a rendering.
I don't know how to do both.

1__ How to verify that the driver is optix powered ( i've take a look in nvidia control panel and didn't see anything related)
pilot version is 432.00
You are very far from what is required: Optix v7.1 requires 450+ drivers.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

juangea
Donor
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by juangea » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:21 pm

I will answer a bit to this, since I think I know the answers :)

1.- Open the Blender blender system console, once you launch a render wait until the kernel is compiled, then you just have to look for the word optix and you will see if it's enabled or not (if it's being used, it's enabled)
Also use drivers 450.xx or higher, since it seems 2.5 is compiled against Optix SDK 7.1 and 450 drivers are a requirement.

2.- You can see the BlendLuxCore log in the blender system console, Window menu in Blender -> Toggle System Console (that's on windows)

On Linux you have to run blender from a terminal window.

I hope this helps.

User avatar
Odilkhan Yakubov
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:34 am

Dade wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:20 pm
Sharlybg wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm
Do you have Optix enabled NVIDIA drivers ? Try to post the log of a rendering.
I don't know how to do both.

1__ How to verify that the driver is optix powered ( i've take a look in nvidia control panel and didn't see anything related)
pilot version is 432.00
You are very far from what is required: Optix v7.1 requires 450+ drivers.
Is this OptixD different than Cycles OptixD, the reason for asking I'm using Nvidia v441.37 drivers on Win7 x64 (cuz 3GB ddr2 800 installed) and it works with my Gtx1060 6gb ddr5. Is this will work here without v450.x drivers (cuz it isnt supported by win7 i guess and has bugs)?
Allah bless us!

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6Gb GDDR5 192bit
RAM: 3Gb DDR2 800Mhz (too old :( )
OS: Win7 64bit
Blender: 2.90 alpha (E-Cycles version)
LuxCore: v2.4 (official)

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Sharlybg » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:07 am

juangea wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:21 pm
I will answer a bit to this, since I think I know the answers :)

1.- Open the Blender blender system console, once you launch a render wait until the kernel is compiled, then you just have to look for the word optix and you will see if it's enabled or not (if it's being used, it's enabled)
Also use drivers 450.xx or higher, since it seems 2.5 is compiled against Optix SDK 7.1 and 450 drivers are a requirement.

2.- You can see the BlendLuxCore log in the blender system console, Window menu in Blender -> Toggle System Console (that's on windows)

On Linux you have to run blender from a terminal window.

I hope this helps.
Thanks i finally got the console. But optix denoiser isn't currently available in the addon. So was thinking that my setup somehow is incorrect.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

juangea
Donor
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by juangea » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:13 am

LuxCore 2.5 is being compiled with Optix 7.1, 450 drivers are a requirement for it to work.

2.83 is being compiled with Optix 7.0, however 2.90 will be released with 7.1 and 450 will be a requirement too.

You need 450 to make this Optix work, denoiser or accelerator :)

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Sharlybg » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 am

juangea wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:13 am
LuxCore 2.5 is being compiled with Optix 7.1, 450 drivers are a requirement for it to work.

2.83 is being compiled with Optix 7.0, however 2.90 will be released with 7.1 and 450 will be a requirement too.

You need 450 to make this Optix work, denoiser or accelerator :)
Indeed i have driver 451.77
But as BYOB there is still some stuff to do in the addon
To have it to work in the viewport.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

CodeHD
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by CodeHD » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:28 pm

I've just tried to get the new versions to work after a few weeks absence form Blender/LuxCore. Optix Doesn't seem to work yet in BlendLuxCore, I'm not sure from the previous comments if it should (confusion if people are talking about just Optix-Rendering or the previerw-denoiser)...

My System:
Windows 10
Blender 2.83.3
(Blend)LuxCore daily build
Driver 451.67

I don't see "optix" in the console as described by Juangea?

Do I need to install the 7.1 SDK separately?

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Optix/RTX support

Post by Dade » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:54 pm

CodeHD wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:28 pm
My System:
Windows 10
Blender 2.83.3
(Blend)LuxCore daily build
Driver 451.67
I have tested drivers v451.77 (studio version) on Windows and they work fine here. I think the game version doesn't include Optix support.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Post Reply