Settings to get the luminance in an .exr file

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Meinhard

Settings to get the luminance in an .exr file

Post by Meinhard »

Hello Together,

I heard that in an .exr-File the Luminance in cd/m^2 is stored.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1601&p=20519&hilit= ... nce#p20519 is said, that if I turn off the Tonemapper the values are stored in cd/m^2. In my opinion this vaule shouldn't change by changing the focal length of the Camera.

Thanks,

Meinhard
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Settings to get the luminance in an .exr file

Post by Dade »

Meinhard wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:21 pm I heard that in an .exr-File the Luminance in cd/m^2 is stored.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1601&p=20519&hilit= ... nce#p20519 is said, that if I turn off the Tonemapper the values are stored in cd/m^2. In my opinion this vaule shouldn't change by changing the focal length of the Camera.
It depends how the image pipeline is set: the EXR is saved at the end of image pipeline execution so you need to create an image pipeline without any kind of tone mapping, gamma correction, etc. or they will mess the result.

In LuxCore, you can have multiple image pipelines so you can have the one mapping, gamma correction, etc. in one (for displaying) and the untouched luminance values in another. Are you using directly LuxCore API or our Blender plugin ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Meinhard

Re: Settings to get the luminance in an .exr file

Post by Meinhard »

Thanks for the fast reply.

Im using the Blender Plugin. ´The file im working with is attached.
von oben.blend
File with Camera Settings
(675 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
I've deactivated the tone mapping and set gamma to 1, view Transform to raw and exposure to 0.

Thanks