BlendLuxCore: Save image while render is paused

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: BlendLuxCore: Save image while render is paused

Post by lacilaci »

marcatore wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:52 am All correct..but how do you live a standalone framebuffer with the DCC integration for rendered viewport preview?
You should do the double work...or the DCC should give the opportunity to integrate the custom framebuffer inside it's interface.

Or am I wrong?
well that might be a bit tricky but, octane and for example fstorm in max have something like live standalone viewport. So you edit your scene in max for example but see live update on the standalone vfb. Which is also great, you can play around in scene on one monitor and have interactive viewport on another. Additionaly for stuff that isn't live updated (editing mesh or whatever..) you would have a refresh button on the vfb.

Maybe the current luxcoreui could be repurposed as such tool... Dade could maybe dedicate one release just for that purpose? :D

I have no idea how much work that is, but I assume since there isn't such thing in luxcore yet it might be way too much work.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Yes.

I attached a basic setup, which can only do gain control of lightgroups.
Tomorrow, I'll add temperature and color controls and bundle it into a node group.
The simplicity of the light groups is loose with all that complicated node tree.
light group node.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Here is how it looks as a node group:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Having our own framebuffer application has benefits and drawbacks.
Benefits: We can do whatever we want.
Drawbacks:
- Difference between viewport render and final render (because of missing Blender color management)
- It's a lot of work.

By the way, I have made plans for a standalone LuxCore GUI since a while, you can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1061&p=12345
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Here is how it looks as a node group:
Is this node group is generated automatically according to the number of light groups you have in your project ?
Can the denoise node be include as a simple check box ?

My Purpose is to make it really simple and same as the original light group. So everyone even new user feel confortable with it.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:30 am Having our own framebuffer application has benefits and drawbacks.
Benefits: We can do whatever we want.
Drawbacks:
- Difference between viewport render and final render (because of missing Blender color management)
- It's a lot of work.

By the way, I have made plans for a standalone LuxCore GUI since a while, you can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1061&p=12345
Thanks I will give it a read later and start being annoying in that thread :twisted: ...

As for viewport rendering,

one way is to have an interactive popup window instead of straight using blender (like fstorm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8wjgtzj04&t=

there is added benefit from this that you don't need to downsample first passes and worry about responsiveness, cause you still edit in fast viewport and have a small delay for proper looking update in vfb

or put tonemapping controls in camera and override blender's own tonemapping (octane: although I think user has to set blender to default instead filmic by himself here)

I personally think it makes much more sense to use separate buffer and avoid rendering in editor, it's never fast enough to properly navigate anything more complex than a monkey with an hdri anyways

One way or another I think the benefits heavily overpower the drawbacks...

One thing to think about is, that even if blender's own tonemapping would at some point become useful, what do users do for any other possible DCC integration? just stick with linear output and handle exr's?