HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Discussion related to the Engine functionality, implementations and API.
Ahr0n
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by Ahr0n » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Thank you. Almost done but there is one issue with the last step. I am in LuxCore folder, I do chmod +x pack_lux_osx.sh and then ./pack_lux_osx.sh but this happens:

Code: Select all

./pack_lux_osx.sh: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1250cocoartf1671cocoasubrtf600: command not found
./pack_lux_osx.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./pack_lux_osx.sh: line 2: `{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Monaco;}'
So this is the last step but I had one issue after changing the AZURE to 0. I mean this step:

Code: Select all

export PATH="/usr/local/opt/bison/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
DEPS_SOURCE=`pwd`/macos

mkdir build
cd  build
cmake -DOSX_DEPENDENCY_ROOT=$DEPS_SOURCE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make
Everything's okay but the last command - make doesn't make anything and I get an info:

Code: Select all

imac-marcin:build Martin$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
So two questions: How can I solve first and second issue?

User avatar
u3dreal
Developer
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Location: Ulm
Contact:

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by u3dreal » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Ahr0n wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:39 pm
Thank you. Almost done but there is one issue with the last step. I am in LuxCore folder, I do chmod +x pack_lux_osx.sh and then ./pack_lux_osx.sh but this happens:

Code: Select all

./pack_lux_osx.sh: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1250cocoartf1671cocoasubrtf600: command not found
./pack_lux_osx.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./pack_lux_osx.sh: line 2: `{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Monaco;}'
So this is the last step but I had one issue after changing the AZURE to 0. I mean this step:

Code: Select all

export PATH="/usr/local/opt/bison/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
DEPS_SOURCE=`pwd`/macos

mkdir build
cd  build
cmake -DOSX_DEPENDENCY_ROOT=$DEPS_SOURCE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make
Everything's okay but the last command - make doesn't make anything and I get an info:

Code: Select all

imac-marcin:build Martin$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
So two questions: How can I solve first and second issue?
1. looks like you copied too much here ... just the green text ....it should start with "#!/bin/bash"
2. you did something wrong there is nothing to make in the "build" dir so i guess you forgot the ".." with the cmake command

Code: Select all

cmake -DOSX_DEPENDENCY_ROOT=$DEPS_SOURCE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
check out my newest stuff http://q3de.com/research/
portfolio http://q3de.com/


MB Pro i7 2.3Ghz, IrisPro 1.5GB, GTX750m 2GB - High Sierra
Xeon X5650@4Ghz, 2x GTX 770 Phantom - High Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04

Fox
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by Fox » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:24 pm

If Mac tutor is done, then Linux next plz :)

User avatar
u3dreal
Developer
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Location: Ulm
Contact:

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by u3dreal » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Fox wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:24 pm
If Mac tutor is done, then Linux next plz :)
https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/Compiling_LuxCore

Have a look here
check out my newest stuff http://q3de.com/research/
portfolio http://q3de.com/


MB Pro i7 2.3Ghz, IrisPro 1.5GB, GTX750m 2GB - High Sierra
Xeon X5650@4Ghz, 2x GTX 770 Phantom - High Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04

Fox
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by Fox » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:00 am

u3dreal wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:27 pm
Fox wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:24 pm
If Mac tutor is done, then Linux next plz :)
https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/Compiling_LuxCore

Have a look here
When i run ./build-64-sse2 it gets stuck at finding python and opencl :roll:

User avatar
u3dreal
Developer
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Location: Ulm
Contact:

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by u3dreal » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:06 am

plz open a new thread ... this is OSX
check out my newest stuff http://q3de.com/research/
portfolio http://q3de.com/


MB Pro i7 2.3Ghz, IrisPro 1.5GB, GTX750m 2GB - High Sierra
Xeon X5650@4Ghz, 2x GTX 770 Phantom - High Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04

Fox
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by Fox » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:33 am

u3dreal wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:06 am
plz open a new thread ... this is OSX
Sure. I will do it later, i have long border render going and can't log off windows right now to play with Linux. Maybe week or so.

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by Sharlybg » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:23 pm

A friend of mine is trying to install the lastest blendluxcore for Mac but it is craching evrytime at installation :

This build : https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... _v2.3beta1

Sys / Mac Pro 2013 and os 10.14.6 both blender 2.81 and 2.82 craShing on install.

When he try to enable addon after installation it crash. Blender close itself when you try to enable the addon.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

User avatar
u3dreal
Developer
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Location: Ulm
Contact:

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by u3dreal » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Yes will have to invest a little more i guess.

Have not been able to reproduce the problem on Mojave :|
check out my newest stuff http://q3de.com/research/
portfolio http://q3de.com/


MB Pro i7 2.3Ghz, IrisPro 1.5GB, GTX750m 2GB - High Sierra
Xeon X5650@4Ghz, 2x GTX 770 Phantom - High Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04

User avatar
u3dreal
Developer
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Location: Ulm
Contact:

Re: HOWTO - compile on OSX 2020

Post by u3dreal » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:25 am

This updated guide can now be found here

https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/Compiling_LuxCore
Last edited by u3dreal on Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
check out my newest stuff http://q3de.com/research/
portfolio http://q3de.com/


MB Pro i7 2.3Ghz, IrisPro 1.5GB, GTX750m 2GB - High Sierra
Xeon X5650@4Ghz, 2x GTX 770 Phantom - High Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04

Post Reply