A baking test scene

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: A baking test scene

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:21 am I may have misunderstood the request for 2.80 (not 2.81). Sorry
So just in case, I have reinstalled 2.80( from Blender archives) and converted the file.
It is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLpnPzeQz ... h?e=DOmHPg
Thanks Racleblog, it looks great. The only problem is the chair, it is violet/pink, I think you forgot to pack the texture map :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

I think you forgot to pack the texture map
Yes, sorry, here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLpnTBhHR ... X?e=zcQjNK

I’m glad you like it. It’s so much easier to make a nice interior render in Lux.

edited..I thought there was an emission shader in the back of the room but it was just the emission for the baked wall material. (So if you saw what i wrote about it a minute ago, just ignore me ;) )
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:17 pm
I think you forgot to pack the texture map
Yes, sorry, here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLpnTBhHR ... X?e=zcQjNK
Thanks, I think there are a couple more of missing image maps. They are not particularly noticeable but see the error log on the right:

missing.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

I have also the feeling that some normal is pointing in wrong directions: for instance the walls normal seems to point outward instead of inward. I'm not sure because for some reason I can not edit the scene and check :?:

The current baking code bakes the side of the surface where the geometric normal point. Does Cycles baking work in a different way ?
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Hi Dade

I’ve noticed the error message for missing textures (the books) appear randomly; then fixes itself. I don’t know why this happens, but the textures are there. I’ll delete all the original Cycles materials and maybe that will help.

I can’t see any incorrect normal for the walls on the inside of the room. None of the original geometry for the walls, floor and skirting board had thickness. I added thickness to the floor and walls using the SOLIDIFY modifier, but not the skirting which I will now do.
I'm not sure because for some reason I can not edit the scene and check
I don’t know why that is. Were you able to download the scene from One-Drive?
The current baking code bakes the side of the surface where the geometric normal point. Does Cycles baking work in a different way ?
I think it’s the same and bakes to the side that the normal is facing. Maybe the problem is due to the SOLIDIFY modifier not being applied – I will do that as well

In short: I’ll fix the normals and Apply the solidify modifiers, delete all the Cycles materials, re-pack the textures, and then upload a new version.
Does that sound ok to you?
Should be done by tomorrow lunch. 😊
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

...update:

Just checking the original geometry for duplicated vertices. There appears to be 2 in the wall, 8 in the bookshelves and 1398 in the books. I'll delete them.

Also, I'll delete the One Drive files for the moment to save confusion.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Dade

In the Cycles version there often 1 UV map for the material and a separate one for the Bake. But LUX doesn’t support multiple UVs in 2.8, so the UV for the Bake got deleted. Maybe that be what is causing the problem that you are having?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 pm In the Cycles version there often 1 UV map for the material and a separate one for the Bake. But LUX doesn’t support multiple UVs in 2.8, so the UV for the Bake got deleted. Maybe that be what is causing the problem that you are having?
I'not sure but I why I can not edit objects ? I mean, for instance, I can not left-click on an object, press tab and check the normals, etc. Are they frozen in some why ?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I mean, for instance, I can not left-click on an object, press tab and check the normals, etc. Are they frozen in some why ?
blender 2.8 serie is right click select by default you can change it also.

(Edit)

to see normals :
blend 2.8 Nm.jpg

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

(See image attached). If the normals are correct it is blue, otherwise red. To switch this feature on use the overlay drop down (see arrow in image) and select Face Orientation.

I have started reworking the scene. (there are some faulty normals in the chair)
Attachments
Annotation 2019-11-29 084435.jpg