A baking test scene

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Racleborg

Re: A baking test scene

Post by Racleborg »

Is there a correct way to set up the image pipeline in Blender so that it matches Luxcoreui?
This is a question for B.Y.O.B. Dade
ok

Also:

Using Blender’s default cube, which is already unwrapped, then the baked textures created in Luxcoreui need to be rotated by 180° (z axis (from top view)) then scaled by *-1 (x axis) when re -imported back to Blender in order to retain its original position.
I didn’t notice the issue on the chess table-top until pieces were added and then it was obvious that the shadows were in the wrong position.

edit.. what I meant by this "then the baked textures created in Luxcoreui need to be rotated" is apply these transforms to to original UV map.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 am edit.. what I meant by this "then the baked textures created in Luxcoreui need to be rotated" is apply these transforms to to original UV map.
You need to use an UV mapping scale of (1, -1), see my answer in the other forum thread.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

You need to use an UV mapping scale of (1, -1), see my answer in the other forum thread.
Cool, thanks. Saves loads of time!

(Image attached): I'm finding, (maybe just for this instance with a default cube) that this is working. Either way, wow! - really enjoying trying this out! :D
Attachments
Annotation 2019-12-05 111753.jpg
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

I'm getting an error in the latest (1hr ago) when Load Render in Luxcorui.
The message doesn't appear for very long so have created a page snip of what's visible (attached)

If I revert back to the earlier build the issue goes away.
Attachments
Annotation 2019-12-05 151055.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:14 pm I'm getting an error in the latest (1hr ago) when Load Render in Luxcorui.
The message doesn't appear for very long so have created a page snip of what's visible (attached)

If I revert back to the earlier build the issue goes away.
I should have fixed the problem.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Yes, that's fixed it. Thank you :)
zuljin3d

Post by zuljin3d »

simple test in eevee :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCEMlel6Jhk

Dade
Will it be possible to add a denoise(OIDN) to the baking process?
Actualy sorry for my google translate english :)
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Would it be possible to show the object name as well as the .EXR file name in the 'render-bakeallobjects.cfg' file as when there is a lot of materials that don't look too dissimilar it can be hard to tell which is which.

Thank you
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

zuljin3d wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:32 am simple test in eevee :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCEMlel6Jhk
Real-time rendering with that kind of quality always looks amazing.
zuljin3d wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:32 am Dade
Will it be possible to add a denoise(OIDN) to the baking process?
It is potentially already available by configuring the image pipeline. However in my first test, Oidn was doing a mess because it isn't trained to denoise baked maps (but the latest version has a special mode to denoise light maps, something already doable with BAKECPU and more similar to combined baked maps).

We definitively need a denoiser. BCD may be an option too. It is something I need to look into.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:22 am Would it be possible to show the object name as well as the .EXR file name in the 'render-bakeallobjects.cfg' file as when there is a lot of materials that don't look too dissimilar it can be hard to tell which is which.
Yes, it very annoying but the problem is not LuxCore: luxcoreui and BAKECPU are already using the object name as file name. BlendLuxCore is using a Blender object memory address as object name. In the past it was using the real object name+memory address; now it seems to use only the memory address.

@B.Y.O.B., there may be some kind of regression related to Blender v2.81 (or the use of collections ?) :?: