LuxCore v2.3 proposed features

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
lighting_freak

Re: LuxCore v2.3 proposed features

Post by lighting_freak »

Well the difference is that such a ray file source describes the appearance of the light emitting surface additionally. It doesn't reduce the light source down to a point...

The far field intensity should be equal to the IES source description.
OS - Windows 7 X64
CPU - Intel CORE i7
GPU1 - Variants of notebook card from nVidia
GPU2 - Variants of notebook onboard card from Intel
Lux - Latest possible relaease
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

I'm seeing some nice and cool new 2.3 features being implemented at an unprecedented pace. Fantastic
But let me ruin the fun a bit and step back a little....

I cannot use environment cache (autoportal) for preview, cause it is too slow to compute and runs out of memory in region rendering..
It drives me crazy and while I can work without many features, something that speeds up interiors as portals/autoportals is just irreplacable. And especially when we have optix/rtx that speeds up complex gi sampling a LOT - cycles/octane.

I know luxcore has it's own agenda. But I always hope this all can be made so simple, that people don't have to setup anything and still get best out of luxcore.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:17 pm runs out of memory in region rendering..
About this: just set the radius by hand (i.e. use a value != from 0.0) and you will have no problems with region rendering.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

About the speed problem, I can accelerate the DLSC and EVLC (not PGI) by 2-3 times but I need to find the free time to work on it. The trick is to use Embree shadow rays instead of normal rays: I have even done a test and it was 2+ times faster but writing a complete solution is not trivial.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties