If you think that LuxCore or the Blender addon needs an improvement, and you have implemented it yourself, you can use the following procedure to send your changes to us.
If you want to participate in development and you need inspiration, you can look at the issues tagged "enhancement" in the BlendLuxCore and LuxCore issue trackers. If you have any questions, feel free to open a thread in this forum, or post a comment on the issue on github.
- Create a fork of the BlendLuxCore repository on GitHub
- Clone your fork to your local computer
- Modify the files
- Commit your changes
- Push your commit to your fork repository
- Create a pull request (request me to pull your changes into the main BlendLuxCore repository)
- Then we will review your pull request, maybe give you tips or ask to change something, and when everything is ok we will merge the pull request into the main BlendLuxCore repository
The same procedure also works for the main LuxCore repository.
How to contribute if you are not a developer
- Spread the word about LuxCoreRender in other 3D forums (ideally by posting great renders made with Lux)
- Encourage the developers by showing your work
- Make tutorials teaching others how to use LuxCoreRender and its plugins
- Write wiki pages (request a wiki account from a developer)
- Donate or offer bounties on features you would like to see implemented