Sketchup2LuxCore

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
N0M44M

Re: Sketchup2LuxCore

Post by N0M44M »

Hi, i am still working with luxrender and Su2lux 0.45b.
Today I tried new su2lux and luxcorerender and found some Bugs...
I would like to QA the Plugin for Sketchup (2019) where to write Bugs ?

THX
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

N0M44M wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:17 pm Hi, i am still working with luxrender and Su2lux 0.45b.
Today I tried new su2lux and luxcorerender and found some Bugs...
I would like to QA the Plugin for Sketchup (2019) where to write Bugs ?
We have currently no one working on the SketchUp support. I assume you are using the LuxCore LXS parser and I may be able to fix some problem if you post an example.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
N0M44M

Post by N0M44M »

No realy good news. I am an Architect and used sketchup for my work. luxrender was only engine I used for my work. It would be realy nice if someone would push the work on sketchup Plugin. There are many who uses sketchup for professional work. The Workaround using blender is no way for me. Is there the possibility that someone would spend time on this Project ?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

N0M44M wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:48 am Is there the possibility that someone would spend time on this Project ?
It is not up to me or any other developer here, it is about finding someone who has the SketchUp know-how and the will to work on this topic.

It is not exactly easy find people with the desire to work for free.

The other option is trying to find enough users interested and with the will to donate some money for this task, than find a developer avilable for the collected budget. Again, it is not easy.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
nigec

Post by nigec »

I had a go fixing the old LXS exporter but it really needs re writing totally using the C API Sketchup now offers, there is to may issues with the Ruby version, one being a memory leak which is why I never left a working example.
As it stands, the version on github will export but it doesn't play nice with luxcoreui (camera is totally wrong)
I think there is a Python file to make a standalone render view but you need the sdk (luxcore) along side it.

I work elsewhere now so I can't continue sadly
It did help to make Luxcore lxs support better so I help with something! here's hoping someone a lot cleverer than me picks up the baton :D