MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Ericka

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by Ericka »

When we can expect the new build?
is ther a way to render particles through maxtolux/luxcore?
Ericka

Post by Ericka »

patro wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:47 pm
TAO wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:48 pm In the meanwhile, I manage to fix the problem with rotate, scale and modifying the instance objects and that's a piece of good news.
Oh great, then I'm not going to report this problem as shown in the render, all seams are istances of the one and same one.
As you can see the seams have 2 colors, the correct one is the one which show same color as the strap, the other one on the right side of the strap, beside being instances are also mirrored instances, When so they render like matte but with color. straps and seams has 2 different glossy 2 materials.
I'm sure your next build is going to fix this.
seams.jpg

@Dade La tua mamma può essere fiera di te :D I rendered this image for just 119 passes without to apply denoiser in the end, I can assure you, the render has better quality and speed then the same image rendered by v.ray ;) I know you aren't interested in pride, but hey LuxCore is done mostly by you and few others, not by a brigade of devs.
very nice model and render, except the fiber color that you already mention. :)
patro

Post by patro »

Ericka wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:04 pm very nice model and render, except the fiber color that you already mention. :)
Thank you and it got already better, i redesigned the seams, and I've create a texture for it, which renders even better as before :D
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 pm Disable the gamma in 3dsmax, as i can see it is activated. currently, 3dsmax gamma and LuxCore gamma all work at the same time. i did not still did not find a way to disable it with code. just try to disable it manually. Also, change 3dsmax units to centimeters or meters will be the best to work with LuxCore.
For the other part look at the next post, you need to add a specular map in order to reduce the reflection and handle the material, that's how glassy materials works in LuxCore.

Screenshot 2021-03-16 161316.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-16 161255.jpg
Just crazy, i remember to had disabled gamma lut, but now i see it is on. I'm going to try all these texture and see how it renders.
Units and system units are set to centimeter.
patro

Post by patro »

This is my try, as you suggested. texture in roughness and specular map slots.
Of course better than before, but still to me the bitmap keeps looking too light.
I wonder how to do marble, like the one i have at home, where the darker veins are very visible from most every angle.
2021-03-16_231916.jpg
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

patro wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 pm This is my try, as you suggested. texture in roughness and specular map slots.
Of course better than before, but still to me the bitmap keeps looking too light.
I wonder how to do marble, like the one i have at home, where the darker veins are very visible from most every angle.

2021-03-16_231916.jpg
there is many ways to fix it.
1- Increase IOR to a high number 3/4/5
2- Increase u/v roughness
3- increase absorption
if you check my last post you will see i suggest you check IOR and other parameters too.
After all, it is a glossy image and shiny surfaces should be brighter than the matte objects.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Ericka wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 pm When we can expect the new build?
is ther a way to render particles through maxtolux/luxcore?
Unfortunately this week i have a very force job to do and it is not possible for me to update the code or release another build.
I may be able to do it next week.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:22 am
patro wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 pm This is my try, as you suggested. texture in roughness and specular map slots.

2021-03-16_231916.jpg
there is many ways to fix it.
1- Increase IOR to a high number 3/4/5
2- Increase u/v roughness
3- increase absorption
if you check my last post you will see i suggest you check IOR and other parameters too.
After all, it is a glossy image and shiny surfaces should be brighter than the matte objects.
I thank you very much for your effort in explaing how to set up the material. After several try the only thing which worked is to tonemapa the texture.
Here a short test with tonemapped texture, just 9 pass only to show for correctness that finally the texture is visble.
test tonemapped texture.jpg
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

which tonemap you used, can you share a screenshot?
patro

Post by patro »

2021-03-19_141920.jpg
with Gamma Lut disabled. and only mesh lights in the scene