MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
patro

Re: MaxToLux - 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:40 pm can you send me the scene or filesaver project? by the way, i like the image feel.
I will, but tomorrow.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Dade wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:20 pm
Dade wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 pm
TAO wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:01 pm That's fixed the problem, how epsilon will affect translation and render time?
None.
BTW, epsilon change to a new value (i.e. never used before) causes a kernel recompilation when rendering on GPUs.
I have the affine TM transforms (source position and direction ) of light what is the best way to calculate the target point for LuxCore from it?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

TAO wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 am I have the affine TM transforms (source position and direction ) of light what is the best way to calculate the target point for LuxCore from it?
"target = position + direction" where target is a point, position is a point and direction is a vector (the length of the vector doesn't matter).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Dade wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:41 am
TAO wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 am I have the affine TM transforms (source position and direction ) of light what is the best way to calculate the target point for LuxCore from it?
"target = position + direction" where target is a point, position is a point and direction is a vector (the length of the vector doesn't matter).
From your giving point i found out the transforms matrix in 3dsmax are inversed and that's fixed the issue. Thanks a lot.
Now Free light source, Free Camera, and other objects with no target are supported correctly.
In addition to that perspective problem related to this issue is fixed now. Also, fix the issue with portrait viewport not render correctly cause by wrong FOV calculation .

Code: Select all

viewPort.GetAffineTM(aTM);
	Point3 viewDir = coordSysTM.GetRow(2);
	Point3 viewPos = coordSysTM.GetRow(3);
	gw->getCameraMatrix(mat, &invTM, &persp, &hither, &yon);

Point3 viewTarget = viewPos - viewDir;
Screenshot 2021-03-10 140015.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-10 135252.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-10 135349.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-10 135412.jpg
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Sphere light issues fixed.
Screenshot 2021-03-10 153056.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-10 153717.jpg
more than 3000 passes and no issue. I'll try to upload a new build by the weekend. if any problem persists, you need to provide me a scene that shows the issue.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:32 pm Sphere light issues fixed.
Screenshot 2021-03-10 153056.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-10 153717.jpg
more than 3000 passes and no issue. I'll try to upload a new build by the weekend. if any problem persists, you need to provide me a scene that shows the issue.
important that you could replicate the reported issue, it was a bug of the light. For other issues i share always the scene.
the sphere light issue escalated after few pass, 3000 passes I can safely say it is fixed :D
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

I tried to add a flat camera to render the flat views like left and top by adding a camera to infinite distanced and add zoom it but it did not work as I was expected. I'll try again to see what will happen.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:45 pm I tried to add a flat camera to render the flat views like left and top by adding a camera to infinite distanced and add zoom it but it did not work as I was expected. I'll try again to see what will happen.
such schematic views are great for project renderings. if you manage to add it then chapeau

May I ask if you meanwhile can release a new build with this latest fix and instance support?
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

patro wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:39 pm
TAO wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:45 pm I tried to add a flat camera to render the flat views like left and top by adding a camera to infinite distanced and add zoom it but it did not work as I was expected. I'll try again to see what will happen.
such schematic views are great for project renderings. if you manage to add it then chapeau

May I ask if you meanwhile can release a new build with this latest fix and instance support?
I'm a little bit busy on a project this week and I think you need to wait until next weekend so I can manage to release a new build. Also, clean up and upload new code to GitHub.
Sorry for that but there is a problem with special characters like "é" from other languages that can affect the instancing object that I need to fix. it is not a big deal but it is a little bit heavy process to rename all objects always before render and I'm trying to find a better solution.
In the meanwhile, I manage to fix the problem with rotate, scale and modifying the instance objects and that's a piece of good news.
patro

Post by patro »

TAO wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:48 pm
patro wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:39 pm

I'm a little bit busy on a project this week and I think you need to wait until next weekend so I can manage to release a new build. Also, clean up and upload new code to GitHub.
Sorry for that but there is a problem with special characters like "é" from other languages that can affect the instancing object that I need to fix. it is not a big deal but it is a little bit heavy process to rename all objects always before render and I'm trying to find a better solution.
In the meanwhile, I manage to fix the problem with rotate, scale and modifying the instance objects and that's a piece of good news.
oh well, good to know, and nothing to be sorry about, I know to be demanding myself.. will be waiting then..