Mac OS

Discussion related to the Engine functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Re: Mac OS

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm

robbrown wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Weirdly if I try to deselect the GPU and leave CPU enabled in the LuxCore Device Settings panel of Blender
What you are doing here is: you leave the C++ CPU devide enabled, not the OpenCL CPU device (aka hybrid rendering, but without the GPU).
What you want (only OpenCL CPU) is not possible in BlendLuxCore, that's why I added the option in the debug panel I mentioned above.

And yes, try to comment out the opencl.devices.select="01" line.

Try to use the same settings as I do in the new debug option:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... fbf203R100
Only these 3 config lines for OpenCL.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

robbrown
Developer

Post by robbrown » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Ah I see, so Use CPUs in Blender only works when a GPU Device is selected... I wonder if there should be a warning or Use CPUs becomes grayed out or something to indicate that from a usability perspective. Although I don't think the average user is doing this. :lol:

Removing the devices select fixed the keeps using the GPU issue, it's now using OpenCL CPU only and seems to be ok so we're definitely headed for driver issue territory.

robbrown
Developer

Post by robbrown » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Doh... There is one, I'm just not reading today

robbrown
Developer

Post by robbrown » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:35 am

Continued progress on searching for root cause of the OpenCL with LuxCore2.1Benchmark on Nvidia cards narrowed down to the material Mix node being the culprit. If I delete the mix node from all materials and just route the previous color output to the input of diffuse color the program no longer results in OpenCL throwing a SIGABORT...

I also figured out that this is occurring at oclQueue.finish() and yields a GPU restart, system diagnostics report usually yields:

Code: Select all

Channel exception! Exception type = 0x1f Access Violation Error (MMU Error 2)
Occasionally:

Code: Select all

Channel exception! Exception type = 0xd Graphics Engine Error (GR Exception Error)
I haven't seen any additional OpenCL error checking I could be adding in the LuxCore code so seems weird it's not caught before oclQueue.finish(). Sadly I don't have a lot of path tracing experience under my belt (Work in progress :lol:) so I'm probably stuck with printf statements unless anyone has any suggestions.

Also noticed that a pyunittest fails: test_InfiniteLight_BIDIRCPU_METROPOLIS with an abort trap: 6