Max Brightness Value

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Max Brightness Value

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 pm
@B.Y.O.B.: at what point do you call the get film luminance method in BlendLuxCore ?
Sorry, I don't understand the question.
It is a question for Image
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

I have just managed to get it to do it again by erratically switching the clamp value on and off before it reaches 1 sample.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:09 pm @B.Y.O.B.: at what point do you call the get film luminance method in BlendLuxCore ?
After 10 seconds of rendering:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... al.py#L143
(I call Film::GetFilmY: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... er.py#L219)
Dade wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:21 pm @B.Y.O.B. is it an uninitialized variable ? Where does it come from as soon after having just opened the file ?
Once the value is computed, it is saved in the property.
So if you only open the file without rendering, you are seeing the last value that was computed.
You have to disable clamping, start a render and wait 10 seconds, then the new value is printed in the console (and assigned to the property).
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

If I have a NAN value whilst using Metropolis, then I have to change to Sobol and re run in order to fix it. Once fixed, if I then switch back to Metropolis, re-run and then Esc within the first couple of minutes then the NAN value is back.

I hope this helps.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

After playing around with this a lot over the weekend, it appears that the problem only occurs with Metropolis and not with Sobol.
Fox

Post by Fox »

I just found weird thing.
My setup is hdr map light and small heterogeneous volume object (camera is not inside it).
Object has jpg uv texture in transmission color in glass and in Glossy Translucent (i do add 0.02 and multiply by 0.97 to avoid 0 and 1 values).

When i remove the mix material, i get smaller brightness values.
Glossy Translucent only 72.274162
Glass only 1.723827
0.5 mix Glossy Translucent and Glass 340282346638528859811704183484516925440
Mix Material high values.png
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:50 am After playing around with this a lot over the weekend, it appears that the problem only occurs with Metropolis and not with Sobol.
I'm going to check this, I was "absorbed" by a quite serious problem I have found in TILEPATH but I have nearly finished fixing all the related issues.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Dade

Thanks, if I can run any further tests for you to help with this issue?

Cheers
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Just a quick update:

I am finding that Sobol is always working correctly, whereas Metropolis is always creating a NAN value.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:50 pm If I have a NAN value whilst using Metropolis, then I have to change to Sobol and re run in order to fix it. Once fixed, if I then switch back to Metropolis, re-run and then Esc within the first couple of minutes then the NAN value is back.
I'm following your steps and trying to reproduce the problem here but it works all the times.

@B.Y.O.B.: waiting 10 secs, to update the suggested clamp value, is a procedure prone to errors. For instance, when working with GPUs, the film could have not yet been downloaded from the GPU ram at all. Could you use a condition based on "samples per pixel" statistic ? It is exactly the same problem of BCD denoiser warmup up period (and the same solution could be used here too).