Different exposure when rendering different parts of the image

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FXtend

Re: Different exposure when rendering different parts of the image

Post by FXtend »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 pm Does exr format support a kind of reset? I mean gamma, exposure and color space are rather a look up table for how the file has to be displayed and raw information is not touched.
Now that sounds rather exciting :)
I just looked around a bit to see if I could figure out how to read the gamma of an exr file but I didn't find anything :(
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

FXtend wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:50 pm
FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 pm Does exr format support a kind of reset? I mean gamma, exposure and color space are rather a look up table for how the file has to be displayed and raw information is not touched.
Now that sounds rather exciting :)
I just looked around a bit to see if I could figure out how to read the gamma of an exr file but I didn't find anything :(
According to http://www.openexr.com/documentation/Te ... uction.pdf, see page 18, openexr supports additional attributes / data for the purpose I assumed. But it is an extra and seems unfortunately not often supported by exporters and viewers.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

Thanks for all the help :) It's finally done!
Here's the final render.