Incident light

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dario

Incident light

Post by Dario »

Hi All,

I've been trying to understan if Luxcore could be used to quantify the total incident light on a surface. The like DIALux does but without its limitations for design. I am not interested in Candela or Lux, just on RGB values for quantitative analysis.

For example I've been trying to quantify the total incident light on the inner faces, at different opacity or light reflection, of a cube 100x100x100mm with a light (R0G1B0) inside and orthographic camera.

Couldn't find a clear explanation online but it sems to me that "Irradiance AOV" provides the irradiance on the camera sensor and not of a specified surface.

Is anybody aware of a way to get the total incident (from any angle direct&indirect) light on a surface?

Thanks
Dario
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Incident light

Post by Dade »

Dario wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:10 am Couldn't find a clear explanation online but it sems to me that "Irradiance AOV" provides the irradiance on the camera sensor and not of a specified surface.
If you have nothing between the camera and the surface first hit point (i.e. no volumes), it should be the same (i.e. "Irradiance AOV" doesn't uses the material surface first hit point, it is like it is always white matte).
Dario wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:10 am Is anybody aware of a way to get the total incident (from any angle direct&indirect) light on a surface?
It sounds like the very same definition of light maps and they can be generated by BAKECPU render engine. However it is not supported by Blender plugin so it may be a lot easier to stick to Irradiance AOV.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties