Denoise trouble

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Eltorro313

Denoise trouble

Post by Eltorro313 »

when i do render my test scene, i see nice picture, but after denoise, it become worst. i tried many different settings and i attachet the bes what i could get
pls help me to find out what the problem.
And I dont know how to upload testscene......So, i cant send blend file here, irs to large, so i attached another scene, with absolutely same settings, houp it helps.
after denoise picture loocks blured
Attachments
LuxCore_trouble_1.jpg
LuxCore_trouble_2.jpg
untitled.blend
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 160 times
AndreasResch

Re: Denoise trouble

Post by AndreasResch »

The denoised version will always look more "blurry". But unless this happens in the area where the noise is, that's usually OK. If the blur effect is too harsh, you might need more samples in the base rendering.

I would try to use the Compositor and save the un-denoised image as well as the denoised one out and blend them by either using an overall opacity or specific masks. For a still rendering that might be fast enough to do.
Eltorro313

Post by Eltorro313 »

so fore example, same picture in Cycles , same amount of samples 500..... so why in luxcore denoise destroy image, when its mus be helpful?
you see in attachment? it almost realistic, and only 500 samples. I looke pictures in lucore galary, no one is blure like that
Attachments
Amp_insta.png
AMP__Optx_1.png
zeealpal

Post by zeealpal »

Did you make the LuxCore materials for your scene, or use the Cycles conversion?

It would be good to see the raw output of the LuxCore render. Also the uploaded untitled.blend does not match your scene, was that intentional?
AndreasResch

Post by AndreasResch »

This seems to be more than a simple denoise issue. There's something else going on.
Eltorro313

Post by Eltorro313 »

Yes, I did LuxCore marerials
Eltorro313

Post by Eltorro313 »

So what i figured out, if i use Cycles nodes inLuxCore, everything good, once i turn tu Luxcore nodes, or start new project in Luxcore enviroment with luxcore materials, after denoise, picture become blured...... wery strange
AndreasResch

Post by AndreasResch »

In the two images that you've shown above, it's not only a case of one being blurred. There are a lot more issues going on. Textures are missing, lights are different, it looks darker. That's not just a denoise issue.

I also tried the BLEND file that you posted in the initial post and it looks perfectly fine on my PC. The noise rendering has a bunch of noise and fireflies and the denoised one looks clean and OK.

I guess we need some better comparisons where just the blurry issue is shown. Otherwise the case is too confusing and at least I don't know where to start tackling the problem.
Eltorro313

Post by Eltorro313 »

i have another scene for comparing, not all materials is set yet but enough for comparing
both attached
the lust one is Cycles
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.18 - 16.21.48.01.jpg
coach_luxCore_1111.jpg
Coach_cycles_ACEC_P3_DCI.jpg
AndreasResch

Post by AndreasResch »

I'm not an expert on denoising, but the first shot has A LOT of noise in it. 248 samples is quite low I guess. You might also want to look into some of the Cache options. But I will have to pass this on to the architectural experts.

Maybe you will find something in those two Youtube channels ...
https://www.youtube.com/c/djtutorialscgi/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/DRAVIASTUDIO/videos