Dispersion, reflections and this kind of staff

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
ra2or

Dispersion, reflections and this kind of staff

Post by ra2or »

Hey guys! I am trying to create a scene with a gemstone in the showcase and just found the most suitable IOR and dispersion values. Now I want to create more or less realistic sparkling effects on the surface of the gem and using laser lighting for it. As soon as I point the laser to the gemstone, the lighting is being weirdly projected on all the walls in the scene in form of multiple blue (that's the color of the stone) weird reflections and just light spots. I kinda want the reflections to stay inside the showcase glass and not go out. Am I making any mistakes or is there any solution for this?
Also, I am having general problems with the light sources reflections on the cuts of the gemstone. The scene should be animated, so the gem is constantly moving. The sparkles just don't look real enough and seems kind of too blurry or somehow too solid. Playing with dispersion values seems like not the best solution for me, because I simply can't achieve the same color/look with other value.
I would really appreciate any kind of help! Thanks in advance.

!! In the attachments I have some fast renders of the described problems!!
Attachments
dispersion problem.png
reflections problem.png
ra2or

Re: Dispersion, reflections and this kind of staff

Post by ra2or »

So I am trying to recreate this sort of shininess on my stone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LuHg5fQylA
Do you guys have any suggestions how it may be achieved?
ra2or

Post by ra2or »

i just solved the problem, so the topic can be deleted now cause there is anyway no discussion :)
josephmcs

Post by josephmcs »

Can you tell us what you did? For future reference if anyone stumbles across this.