Viewport render issue

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Luximage

Viewport render issue

Post by Luximage »

With the latest blendluxcore daily version when i render in the viewport and then terminate the render view the cpu usage gets stuck at 100%.
My system win 10, blender 2.91.2, nvidia gpu.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Viewport render issue

Post by Sharlybg »

Luximage wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:37 am With the latest blendluxcore daily version when i render in the viewport and then terminate the render view the cpu usage gets stuck at 100%.
My system win 10, blender 2.91.2, nvidia gpu.
Blend file to reproduce the issue :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I have also encountered this, but didn't find a way to reproduce it reliably yet.
Luximage

Post by Luximage »

I also cannot reproduce it now.
I did a windows update, i don't know if that counts for something.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Same here. Can't reliably reproduce it, but sometimes either memory leaks or it just crashes when I change a setting in an Image pipeline.
I only found a way to prevent it, while working long hours - turn interactivity off more often.
I was thinking of having an experimental time bomb switch to kill it after a a while of non-stop working with it. Something alike an old GPU "watch-dog".
But as I'm ignorant with coding, I can only do it manually.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

kintuX wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:38 pm Same here. Can't reliably reproduce it, but sometimes either memory leaks or it just crashes when I change a setting in an Image pipeline.
I only found a way to prevent it, while working long hours - turn interactivity off more often.
I was thinking of having an experimental time bomb switch to kill it after a a while of non-stop working with it. Something alike an old GPU "watch-dog".
But as I'm ignorant with coding, I can only do it manually.
What exactly I'm facing while using interactive scenes, especially with big HDRI or PNG textures.
Sometimes getting slow, sometimes crash and other times noting happen. But the only way to be sure I'm working without issues is to turn off interactive every a few changes so be sure the memory will be released.
I think because of caching the maps while changing gamma and other stuff that will cause memory leak somehow.
It will only happen on GPU, many times it's ok but it will happen occasionally.
Screen.mp4
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 173 times
16GB ram
Vga geforce730 4GB Nvidia
================
Screen-Capture02.mp4
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
32GB ram
VGA 1080 Nvidia 8GB
I already report the issue on github too.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

The problem mentioned in the OP and experienced by me does not involve any crashes.
So KintuX and TAO, you might be describing different issues.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:46 pm The problem mentioned in the OP and experienced by me does not involve any crashes.
So KintuX and TAO, you might be describing different issues.
I apologize for polluting the thread.

Indeed, it's a different issue than what's being described here (CPU usage stuck @ 100% when terminating viewport). It happened recently, but I 'killed' a process and can't reproduce it. Will try to keep it in mind and pay more attention in future.
8-)
Luximage

Post by Luximage »

I managed to reproduce the problem, it happens when i hit z choose material preview then choose rendered viewport and finally choose solid viewport, the cpu usage remains at 100%.
viewport issue.blend
(838.56 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Luximage wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:58 pm I managed to reproduce the problem, it happens when i hit z choose material preview then choose rendered viewport and finally choose solid viewport, the cpu usage remains at 100%.
Nice, I tested it 3 times and it has reproduced the issue each time. Thanks, that helps a lot.