network render

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
b2przemo

network render

Post by b2przemo »

How I can change the file format in the NetConsole? The output by default is always 8bit PNG even if the scene has a different format setup. Is there any thread dedicated to the network rendering in Lux? If so, sorry for duplicate - I can't find any information about this :(
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: network render

Post by Dade »

b2przemo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm How I can change the file format in the NetConsole? The output by default is always 8bit PNG even if the scene has a different format setup. Is there any thread dedicated to the network rendering in Lux? If so, sorry for duplicate - I can't find any information about this :(
As far as I remember you have the .flm (LuxCore Film): it includes everything and from there you can save in any format. Do you ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
b2przemo

Post by b2przemo »

Don't get it :( I have no idea where the .film file is or how to create it from the blender.
I tried to do network rendering by exporting scene to .bcf format, launch netNodes at all machines, and on the last machine I've launched a netConsole, and everything works very nice. The only problem is with the configuration of samples and output format.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Ok but what is wrong with the PNG output ? Do you want an EXR output ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
b2przemo

Post by b2przemo »

There is nothing wrong with PNG's as long as they are in 16bit format, ofcourse exr will be the best.
I just often use some additional software to post process final files which are mostly linear so, is better for me to have more "wider" format then regular 8bit.
If this is not possible than no problem. I still can try to render the whole scene on each machine separately and change only seed value and later try to blend the output.
b2przemo

Post by b2przemo »

Dade wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 pm As far as I remember you have the .flm (LuxCore Film): it includes everything and from there you can save in any format. Do you ?
Hi, now I get what You wrote about. Thank You.
Now I use pyluxcoretool.exe and convert film to exr... very useful.