Solved! blendluxcore crash at render time (see last post)

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
xsinick

Re: blendluxcore crash at render time

Post by xsinick »

Dade wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:15 am
xsinick wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:04 am Thanks for the response BYOB.
Here is a link to the scene:
http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=49419
This is scene is working fine here. Do you experience a crash only with this scene or with any scene ? CPU ? GPU ?
It happens with all of the above and with any scene.I think I'll wait for an update that fixes this thanks again.
Last edited by xsinick on Sun May 06, 2018 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
xsinick

Re: blendluxcore crash at render time

Post by xsinick »

Dade wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 pm
denisdee wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:09 pm
Dade wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:25 am CPU ? GPU ? Do you have an SSSE3 capable CPU (notice the 3 "S" and not 2) :?:
No ! Old laptop. Will that new release of Luxrender only work on SSSE3 CPUS ?
At the moment, yes, it requires SSSE3 for Linux. Boost library apparently uses SSSE3 pshufb instruction and it is not supported by AMD Phenom II and some other old CPU (before 2010). The problem was investigated in this issue: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/114

You can still compile LuxCore on your own as described here https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LinuxCompile but it is not an easy task if you are not a developer.
Dade thanks for the info I will check it out!
xsinick

Re: SOLVED! blendluxcore crash at render time

Post by xsinick »

OK seems to be SSSE3 updated. I have a nvidia GeForce GTX 760.
So I guess it does not have SSSE3 and only SSE2. I'll have to look a new graphics card at some point I guess.

Does Lux have intels embree enabled? It would also be neat to allow blender to be able to bake Lux render to texture. Thanks for all the Help from everyone that responded to this post.

xsinick :D
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Solved! blendluxcore crash at render time (see last post)

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

xsinick wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:07 am OK seems to be SSSE3 updated. I have a nvidia GeForce GTX 760.
So I guess it does not have SSSE3 and only SSE2. I'll have to look a new graphics card at some point I guess.
SSSE3 is a CPU feature, the GPU does not matter.
xsinick wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:07 am Does Lux have intels embree enabled?
Yes, it uses Embree.
xsinick wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:07 am It would also be neat to allow blender to be able to bake Lux render to texture.
If a developer wants to implement it, we'll help him.
But I think the core developers will focus on other features, baking is a bit out of the scope of the project.