Colored Wine Bottle Glass - cant get physically correct

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
djangomango666

Colored Wine Bottle Glass - cant get physically correct

Post by djangomango666 »

Hello Forum!
So this Wine bottle is really getting me: I tried it in Arnold and C4D (not so good results), then Blender and Cycles (worse). I want it to be physically correct so i found Luxcore. Im new to this render engine but it already blows my mind.

As you can see in the picture, the real life model has black fade in absorption sections but i cant recreate those in Luxcore. i tried all but my knowledge is coming to an end. Also on the bottom there is a reflection inside. I recreated the lamps like on the foto (lumen and kelvin).

Also the capsule always seems so blurry. I get it that the white wall reflects but not like this in real life.

Could pls somebody help me!

Thank you and sorry my bad english,
Greetings from austria!
Attachments
Reithmaier_Cavallo_Standard_Sekt.blend
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
Cavallo.jpg
try.png
zeealpal

Re: Colored Wine Bottle Glass - cant get physically correct

Post by zeealpal »

Had a look by taking a photo of a white wall at my place, it looks a lot closer to a 4000k lamp then 2700k (the photo). If the lamp is indeed 2700k, what white point was your camera using? You will also need to match the cameras settings as well as the lighting settings.

I noticed there is no ambient light, is the room completely enclosed as well?

Changes:
  • Changed lamp colour to 4000k
  • Adjusted bottle absorption
  • Removed Photon GI cache (your scene is majority direct lighting from 2 light sources)
untitled.png
Volume.PNG
djangomango666

Re: Colored Wine Bottle Glass - cant get physically correct

Post by djangomango666 »

Hi!

THANK YOU for your answer! Sorry for replying very late but i was very busy the last days! i tried your hints and it worked out pretty good! Posted the result as a picture. One more question: How can i get rid of the blacked out area in the bottom in the white glass? Tried it with turning up the Max Bounces /Depth really high but did not help.

Thank you very much!
Greetings!
Attachments
bottle_versuch.jpg
bottle_versuch2.jpg