Windows: Can't enable addon in latest Blender

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Windows: Can't enable addon in latest Blender

Post by Dade »

lighting_freak wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:42 pm After this starting blender again and activate the LuxCore add-on.
Working! Happy!
It is strange, it is like if Blender hadn't the permission to write (or overwrite the previous version) of files at C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\bin

May be Blender was installed as Administrator and than was run as simple user :?: I have no idea how this stuff works on Windows.

Or was just the missing tbbmalloc.dll as B.Y.O.B. write.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

Jep, therefore i proposed to include tbbmalloc in the distribution.
Its an embree dependency now and not default installled in win and osx.
Linux distibutions often have tbb/tbbmalloc default, but not a matched version in 14.04 LTS for example.

Linux "ldd bla" would show you a missing dependency/lib, dunno if win has a similar tool that does too.
On osx you would not see in "otool -L bla" if the listed dependencies are fullfilled.

Jens
lighting_freak

Post by lighting_freak »

Hi
I see that tbbmalloc.dll was added which is not included in BlendLuxCore/bin, maybe that's the problem. I'll add it to the package script and re-upload the Windows zips.

edit: done. Can you check again if it works now when you only download the BlendLuxCore zip?
It's working:
Works.JPG
Thank you.
Starting evaluation...

BR
OS - Windows 7 X64
CPU - Intel CORE i7
GPU1 - Variants of notebook card from nVidia
GPU2 - Variants of notebook onboard card from Intel
Lux - Latest possible relaease