How do I properly use the MIX NODE?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Osmodivs

How do I properly use the MIX NODE?

Post by Osmodivs »

Hello. :)

I have a 4 color .png image with transparent background, I want to use it as a logo for a bottle, the bottle and its fluid inside have normals pointing outward. I have tried to connect the image in either first or second slot of the material slot in the mix shader node, In the "default channel" of the image texture node it gives me this result: (pic.1) if I choose "alpha channel" I will get this result: (pic. 2) The Mix Factor in the mix node just makes the bottle darker for positive or transparent in color if negative, if I connect the mate material to the slot #1 in the Mix node the results are inverted, dark color in negative values transparent in positive values: (pic. 3) In the Default Channel the image has an unwanted white rectangle on top of the red banner, the original image does not have that as you can see in the pic. 3 (even though it's just a silhouette)
So, how does one use this node to have the result I want?

I am using Ubuntu-Studio 20.04, AMD hardware with 20.30 drivers. Blender 2.83.4 and Luxcore 2.4
Attachments
fig. 1
fig. 1
fig. 2
fig. 2
fig. 3
fig. 3
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: How do I properly use the MIX NODE?

Post by Sharlybg »

Connect the image also in the Mix node factor.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Osmodivs

Re: How do I properly use the MIX NODE?

Post by Osmodivs »

Yes :roll:
I had to connect the Alpha from the Image node to the Mix Factor of the Mix node with a Default channel... :D
Thanks for the clue :!:
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-12_13-01-22.png
Hardware: Ryzen 1700, AMD RX580 & 32GB RAM
Software:
Blender: 2.83.4 LTS
LuxCoreRender: 2.4