Caches

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Caches

Post by Sharlybg »

Cache is able to find more light comparing to brute force it is what make it stronger. Light tracing have the ability to render caustics where brute force don't shine. Same story i mean different engine algo can change final image appearence.
For light leak there is a parameter ( the same Brute force radius scale ) just increase it until light leak stop.will be a fraction slower but it isn't too bad.
Sometime if i want to keep my speed i just try to make geometry exposed to the origin of light leak tweaker.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Leandro Oliveira

Post by Leandro Oliveira »

Thank you, Sharly!
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Leandro Oliveira wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 am ... light seemed to leak to other parts, for example, inside the microwave (it´s not supposed to have any light inside it), and above the cabinets.

Thanks in advance
(If you know „Disc World“ stories by Terry Pratchett then you should know light is a creepy thing.. and if not but like science fiction and fantastic stories you really should take your time and read one of Pratchett‘s „Disc World“ stories, they are funny, full of magic and not without a dash of words of an old cynic with plenty of colorful fantasy.)

Ahem. Yes. The light in the microwave you don’t suppose to be there can be effortlessly tracked from the door’s edge most distant from the cupboard to the hidden due to view’s perspective inner side of the microwave and from there to its visible and obviously correct lightened inner side.
If you do not wish light creeping into the microwave you have to change its door’s material property, e.g. adjust internal volume‘s absorption so that the door‘s light transmission is only 90 to 95%.

Cheers...
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

What to do the animation of the flight near the object, what needs to be done to speed up the rendering? What are the things to include in the cache?
like that right?
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dez! wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:28 pm What to do the animation of the flight near the object, what needs to be done to speed up the rendering? What are the things to include in the cache?
like that right?
It looks correct but it will help a lot if you are rendering a scene with a lot of indirect light (for instance an interior scene), if you are rendering an industrial design object in an empty space, there will be very little indirect light and it may be even better to not use the cache at all.

Your setup will compute the cache just once and than it will reuse it, all the times (effectively amortizing the cost of building the cache over all rendered frames).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I plan to fly the camera around this lamp: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=512&start=30

I understood, I will do without a cache.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
Leandro Oliveira

Post by Leandro Oliveira »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:18 pm
Leandro Oliveira wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 am ... light seemed to leak to other parts, for example, inside the microwave (it´s not supposed to have any light inside it), and above the cabinets.

Thanks in advance
(If you know „Disc World“ stories by Terry Pratchett then you should know light is a creepy thing.. and if not but like science fiction and fantastic stories you really should take your time and read one of Pratchett‘s „Disc World“ stories, they are funny, full of magic and not without a dash of words of an old cynic with plenty of colorful fantasy.)
Yes! I have 3 books, and started to read one of them: The Colour of Magic ;)