Last great thing that is missing in Luxcore - more advanced tonemapper

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
jacek007g

Last great thing that is missing in Luxcore - more advanced tonemapper

Post by jacek007g »

I'm really amazed how developers of Luxcore are doing things - you make great job guys. As Cycles is not improving with small features that Lux has, it's clear situation that Luxcore will be an equivalent of Corona for Blender users, as Chaos is not going to develop anything for Blender.
Blender compositor is slow and doesn't have that simplicty of FStorm and Corona. Too bad that there's not a one simple node with few quick and most important parameters. Next bad thing with Blender compositor is that it isn't working in viewport - however there's plan for that.
So my question is: is it possible to implement those features from Corona/FStorm in Luxcore Camera Image pipline?

- Burn Value/Highlight compress (for me most important feature as there's not a good alternative in compositor)
- Glare/lens flare with customisation (second most important thing as compositor glare is slow and old)
- Filmic shadows
- Filmic highlights
- Curves
- Gamma
- Contrast
- Saturation
- Image Blur
- Image Sharp
- Color Tint

(There's also Exposure, Vignetting, White balance and LUT in other engines but Lux of course has it already implemented)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Last great thing that is missing in Luxcore - more advanced tonemapper

Post by Dade »

Yes, it is possible and not even that complex but, as usually happen, it is a matter of finding time, establishing priorities, etc.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties