Not sure whether a suggestion is more relevant to luxcore or luxcoreblend

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
TStrolia

Not sure whether a suggestion is more relevant to luxcore or luxcoreblend

Post by TStrolia »

I have brought up the issue before that I believe luxcore really needs an anisotropic rotation option which can be driven by either a rotation or a tangent map. This is standard in most engines these days to allow complex anisotropic patterns like carbon fiber, radial sanded dragon scale sheet metal, scratches, and other patterns of the like.

I would like to formally make the suggestion but I am not sure if this is an issue that should go to luxcoreblend or luxcore. Theoretically luxcore already has all the functionality needed to actually make this happen so my suspicion is that it would go to luxcoreblend. But, I also do not know exactly what accessing any of that functionality entails and it may be an issue better suited to suggest to luxcore.

Whichever one it goes to, this is a fundamental part of anisotropy in modern work flows. I have not seen an X/Y workflow in my professional career once and really haven't seen one at all since probably 2010. It is very limiting, requiring only linear movements in one direction or the other, and for radial anisotropy requires very high subdivisions for smooth results, much like subsurfacing a mesh instead of using normal smoothing.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Not sure whether a suggestion is more relevant to luxcore or luxcoreblend

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

This needs to be added to LuxCore (e.g. the disney material could support anisotropy rotation).
TStrolia

Re: Not sure whether a suggestion is more relevant to luxcore or luxcoreblend

Post by TStrolia »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:03 pm This needs to be added to LuxCore (e.g. the disney material could support anisotropy rotation).
Thank you B.Y.O.B. I appreciate it.