when I try to take render it takes forever for my computer to take its render

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
biperiden

when I try to take render it takes forever for my computer to take its render

Post by biperiden »

Hi guys, I need your suggest about my render problem. I created a scene, inside of the scene i have just simple plane and glass bottle also i used Hdri map and all setup is basic. when I try to take render it takes forever for my computer to take its render and it shows that remaining time is unknown. the version of the Blender 2.83. I would be more than happy, if you help me out for this issue.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Blend Luxcore not so responsive during rendering

Post by Dade »

biperiden wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 pm Hi guys, I need your suggest about my render problem. I created a scene, inside of the scene i have just simple plane and glass bottle also i used Hdri map and all setup is basic. when I try to take render it takes forever for my computer to take its render and it shows that remaining time is unknown. the version of the Blender 2.83. I would be more than happy, if you help me out for this issue.
This is likely to be the first and only-once GPU kernel compilation, it takes about 90secs on a fast CPU, what GPU/CPU do you have ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Theo_Gottwald

Re: when I try to take render it takes forever for my computer to take its render

Post by Theo_Gottwald »

Rendering Images with very high resolution like 10000x8000 Luxrender is very unresponsive. Also compared with other renderers.
If i would be a programmer, i would say "It needs some DoEvents()" somewhere.
In short: The higher the resolution the longer you have to wait bevor you can change the size of the render-window or scroll in and out.
It does NOT need any dedicated test-scene. Is like that with ANY Scene. Just render it with a very high resolution.
I am right now rendering in Tiled-Mode.Its not responsive.
Get Blender-Quickbuttons and configure over 100 Blender-Buttons individual to your needs.
Visit my YouTube-Channel: Theo's Fun Videos and watch several Blender related Videos.
Join @Dreamstime and sell your Renderings to the world.