Bump issue in mix material node

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Oscar9531

Bump issue in mix material node

Post by Oscar9531 »

Hi guys, I have an issue when I mix two materials, first of all, I cant mix them using the material bump, I have to use the mix material bump slot and there is where the problem begins.

This is the first material:
001.PNG
This is the second material:
002.PNG
and when I mix them, using the bump from the mix material node, this hapen:
003.PNG
004.PNG
I get those black spots, doesn't matter if I reduce the strength and if I use the bump slot of the materials instead of the bump slot of the mix material, I dont get the relief

Im just wondering, why that node has to have a bump slot? it would be much easier if we can get the relief directly from the materials instead of mixing materials and then, mixing normals and of course, that issue will never be an issue again, but maybe there is a reason for that.

If you want to download the scene, here it is, I was using textures from texturehaven and hdrihaven:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDPuLH ... sp=sharing
Oscar9531

Re: Bump issue in mix material node

Post by Oscar9531 »

Here is an update, it would look good, but those black spots are really annoying :(
untitled_Post.jpg
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

Well, I found a solution but a really bad solution in my opinion. Mixing the maps instead of the materials... Mix both albedos, roughness and normals and them, plug them into the material
Captura.PNG
here it is without those black spots... It works but the way of making it, is really ridiculous
untitled1_Post2.jpg
Anyways, I think mixing materials is essential, so, I hope to find a solution
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

What version are you using ? v2.3 or v2.4 ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

Dade wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:25 am What version are you using ? v2.3 or v2.4 ?
Hi, im using version 2.4
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

You have a bump map connected both to the a disney and the mix node. It looks to me like it works fine if you simply connect each bump map to each Disney node and than mix the 2 Disney nodes:

Screenshot from 2020-06-14 11-19-54.png
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties