Re-crearting materials from Cycles to LuxCoreRender

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Vyrlokar

Re-crearting materials from Cycles to LuxCoreRender

Post by Vyrlokar »

Hello everybody[*]

I toyed with LuxRender a few years back, in the 1.3 era, and well, Lux has moved forward a lot since then. Trying to get back into gear, I was trying to take these metal textures https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/commen ... _comments/ and use them in LuxCore. Each texture pack has 5 files:
  • NAME_color.tif
  • NAME_height.exr
  • NAME_metalness.tif
  • NAME_normal.tif
  • NAME_roughness.tif
I know how to use them in Cycles (use them as inputs for the Principled BSDF shader), but I don't really know how to re-create the material in LuxCore. when I try to use any of the textures blender either crashes or the material preview goes all white.

Disclaimer: I'm not the creator of those materials, I just found them while browsing around, so I can't attest for their actual quality beyond what the previews show and how they work in Cycles
Vyrlokar

Re: Re-crearting materials from Cycles to LuxCoreRender

Post by Vyrlokar »

Ok, finally got this to work. The issue I was having was due to LuxCore not liking the TIF files that Cycles had no issues with, so I went with this texture package from cc0 textures.
screenshot.png