From .flm to .exr or .png16bit

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
vza

From .flm to .exr or .png16bit

Post by vza »

Hello!
I'm using the network tool and the PyLuxCoreMerge to export the result in .exr format. Is there a way to export it as a multilayers image? If not, can you export the single image pipelines as "direct glossy" or "shadows"? In .png format can you specify if 16 or 8 bit? Thanks a lot!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: From .flm to .exr or .png16bit

Post by Dade »

vza wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm I'm using the network tool and the PyLuxCoreMerge to export the result in .exr format. Is there a way to export it as a multilayers image?
Nope.
vza wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm If not, can you export the single image pipelines as "direct glossy" or "shadows"?
Yes, you can use the "OUTPUT_SWITCHER" image pipeline plugin to replace the rendering with any AOV: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... itcher.cpp

But are you using BlendLuxCore or working directly with LuxCoreRender standalone ?
vza wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm In .png format can you specify if 16 or 8 bit?
Nope, it is always 8bit.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
vza

Post by vza »

Thank you very, very much for your answer Dade!

"But are you using BlendLuxCore or working directly with LuxCoreRender standalone ?"
->I'm using BlendLuxCore, but I tried to launch the same rendering with LuxCoreRender standalone because BlendLuxCore, in network render, ignores the output file format (.exr) and saves the result directly in .png 8bit.

From terminal (OSX) I launched "python3 "pyluxcoretool.zip" and then merged .flm files, saving with .exr extension. I would like to do the same process with all passes I need.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

vza wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm From terminal (OSX) I launched "python3 "pyluxcoretool.zip" and then merged .flm files, saving with .exr extension. I would like to do the same process with all passes I need.
This may be a bit complex because you have to save the scene in text format and than edit the .cfg file by hand and define a custom image pipeline and outputs with what you need.
vza

Post by vza »

This may be a bit complex because you have to save the scene in text format and than edit the .cfg file by hand and define a custom image pipeline and outputs with what you need.
Ok! No problem in editing .cfg file, but the "problem" is only in network process because you can add only jobs in binary format! So my idea was to export passes from the final .flm without launching one render for every pass I need. Is it possible? Naturally only for super complex scene, in normal scenes i will use BlenderLuxCore!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

vza wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:48 am
Ok! No problem in editing .cfg file, but the "problem" is only in network process because you can add only jobs in binary format!
It is possible to load a text scene in LuxCoreUI (standalone executable) and from there export in binary format but, ok, it is super tricky.
vza wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:48 am So my idea was to export passes from the final .flm without launching one render for every pass I need. Is it possible? Naturally only for super complex scene, in normal scenes i will use BlenderLuxCore!
It is an option pretty easy to add to "pyluxcoretools merge" (you can already merge with just one film). Are you using the under development v2.4 ?
vza

Post by vza »

No, I'm using LuxCore v2.3!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

vza wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:20 pm No, I'm using LuxCore v2.3!
I can modify merge tool to add the option to save a specific AOV however you will have to use the v2.4 :?:
vza

Post by vza »

Great!!! :o :o Very useful!! I'm using v. 2.3 for Mac because I found this version in the download section of this site, but I will use 2.4! No problem! I'm working with LuxCore for 15 days and I'm literally in love with it! Thanks to you and to all other developers! Can you link here a webpage where I can find instructions to install v2.4 on OSX?
Last edited by vza on Wed May 06, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »