[info] Error Solved

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
kintuX

[info] Error Solved

Post by kintuX »

Attempt for a thread about solving bugs, errors or other, not so obvious, user mistakes caused either by lack of knowledge, experience or higher forces/divine interventions :lol: Basically, sharing experience in hope to help others resist fear & confront virtual demons and monsters.

While testing Tiled Path engine i happen to trigger one. Strange it only happened when AA samples were set to 4:

Code: Select all

LuxCoreRenderEngine del
Exception ignored in: <bound method LuxCoreRenderEngine.__del__ of <bpy_struct, LuxCoreRenderEngine invalid>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\py\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\__init__.py", line 25, in __del__
    if hasattr(self, "_session") and self.session:
ReferenceError: StructRNA of type LuxCoreRenderEngine has been removed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\py\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\__init__.py", line 34, in render
    self.render_final(scene)
  File "C:\Users\py\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\__init__.py", line 51, in render_final
    scene.luxcore.active_layer_index = -1
AttributeError: Writing to ID classes in this context is not allowed: Scene, Scene datablock, error setting LuxCoreScene.active_layer_index

Writing to ID classes in this context is not allowed: Scene, Scene datablock, error setting LuxCoreConfigPath.suggested_clamping_value
Problem was solved by Purging Orphan Data. The thing that got me thinking in the right direction was RefrenceError. As i immediately remembered that after removing some meshes, nodes & such i forgot to clean the leftovers from the file ;)

Cheers
'Till next one.

PS Happy outcome 8-)
27 seconds on old pair of xeons 5650 (20 threads used @ 2.67MHz) /// yes, i like grain as it feels much more photographic
PanF_LuxCore.jpg
- scene source @ Yafaray -

pps
WELCOME TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: [info] Error Solved

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Looks more like a bug in the addon.
I know what's the most likely cause, it will require another refactor to get rid of it.
kintuX

Re: [info] Error Solved

Post by kintuX »

Ah, ok.
Good, cause i doubted about posting this, since there was no way to reproduce it after.