Enviroment Light Cache spots issue

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Enviroment Light Cache spots issue

Post by lacilaci »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:35 pm
Oscar9531 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:12 am
Right now Im testing the interior scene I have to solve the problem in the best way I can

ELC.zip
Set Env. Light Caching Quality to 1.0. This should help.

LuxCoreCaches.png
Just a short render test:
Env. Light Caching_CPU, clamp 0.1, 256 samples, 0.75x, env. light q. 1.0.png
Yes, but OP had more severe problem initially.
This "quality" setting has no effect on the MIS+strong clamping issue. At best you hope to get more cache entries to hide them if the problem isnt too strong.

And secondary env. Cache has some crazy limitations when it comes to animated objects and heavy obstructions for lights. At some point samples might become too sparse in a dense scene and artifacting can appear and wont go away.

I really think caching should be reserved for GI and both environment and large amount of lights need other ways of optimization, something more stable, without preprocess and without unresolvable issues(cause yeah, direct light caching can cause some headaches too).
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 am Try using higher clamping values... These spots tend to show up mainly with low clamping.
There are also cases where they show up no matter what (dense structures etc) and then there is no help.... But in your case it does look more like a clamping related issue
Thanks again Laci, I think now I know how to deal with it hahaha
untitled1_Post8b.png
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Oscar9531 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:48 pm
lacilaci wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 am Try using higher clamping values... These spots tend to show up mainly with low clamping.
There are also cases where they show up no matter what (dense structures etc) and then there is no help.... But in your case it does look more like a clamping related issue
Thanks again Laci, I think now I know how to deal with it hahaha

untitled1_Post8b.png
Great, render looks nice but now there is another issue to solve...
IMG_20200420_215718.jpg
Try disabling "use cache" on your flooring material. You should still get good performance but floor won't reflect strong indirect light cache spots.

Unfortunately, indirect light cache isnt clamped at all, so when cache stores very strong light, it can be reflected on materials.
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:03 pm Great, render looks nice but now there is another issue to solve...
IMG_20200420_215718.jpg

Try disabling "use cache" on your flooring material. You should still get good performance but floor won't reflect strong indirect light cache spots.

Unfortunately, indirect light cache isnt clamped at all, so when cache stores very strong light, it can be reflected on materials.
Oh ok, thanks again, let me try and will upload the result later!
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:03 pm Great, render looks nice but now there is another issue to solve...
IMG_20200420_215718.jpg

untitled3_Post8b.png

Now I get a light on the beam, I could only get rid of it by disabling the indirect light cache, it is not so annoying, so I can leave it like that for now hahaha but I will be testing it later to see how to solve it