Can't Get LuxCoreRender to work with Blender MacOSX

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Glendaloch

Re: Can't Get LuxCoreRender to work with Blender MacOSX

Post by Glendaloch »

epilectrolytics wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:39 pm BlendLuxCore v2.3beta1 works with Blender 2.81a on OSX 13.6 on my MacBook. Blender 2.82 does apparently not yet work and OSX 14 and later would need a notarized LuxCore which is not there yet.
Oh Thanks for the reply! I'll try that...don't mean to knock Apple only they used to be so good, you could do anything on their machines...
Glendaloch

Post by Glendaloch »

Thanks! I got it to work, that is blender didn't crash and managed to find the "render engine selection" drop down....after that haven't a clue what is going on, think a render was started but Luxcorerender didn't open...can't find any instructions on how to operate this in either the luxcore or the blender manual...still can't imagine what the luxcore interface looks like...can't find any screenshots anywhere google etc....
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Fox

Post by Fox »

Glendaloch wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:42 pm Thanks! I got it to work, that is blender didn't crash and managed to find the "render engine selection" drop down....after that haven't a clue what is going on, think a render was started but Luxcorerender didn't open...can't find any instructions on how to operate this in either the luxcore or the blender manual...still can't imagine what the luxcore interface looks like...can't find any screenshots anywhere google etc....
The render starts from top left "Render" -> "Render Image"
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Glendaloch wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:42 pm Thanks! I got it to work, that is blender didn't crash and managed to find the "render engine selection" drop down....after that haven't a clue what is going on, think a render was started but Luxcorerender didn't open...can't find any instructions on how to operate this in either the luxcore or the blender manual...still can't imagine what the luxcore interface looks like...can't find any screenshots anywhere google etc....
The BlendLuxCore addon is very tightly integrated with Blender. The render progress is shown in the Blender image editor like with Cycles. Live-editing the rendered image is also done in Blender, e.g. you can change the tonemapping settings in the camera properties, or refresh the image and get a denoised result in the N-panel in the image editor (press N, then switch to the LuxCore tab on the right).
Capture.PNG
There is a quick start guide here, but it was not updated yet for Blender 2.8: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/BlendLux ... tart_Guide
Maybe it helps a bit nonetheless.

You can also export the scene and open it in luxcoreui, however it is a developer tool not really suited for end-users, and this workflow will be cumbersome because it's not the indended use of the addon.
Glendaloch

Post by Glendaloch »

Fox wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm
The render starts from top left "Render" -> "Render Image"
Thanks Fox! Actually know this from Luxrender, just finding the new Blender confusing, in the old, you would pick your renderer at the top of the interface.

Thanks for the UI Sharlybg!
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:11 pm
The BlendLuxCore addon is very tightly integrated with Blender. The render progress is shown in the Blender image editor like with Cycles. Live-editing the rendered image is also done in Blender, e.g. you can change the tonemapping settings in the camera properties, or refresh the image and get a denoised result in the N-panel in the image editor (press N, then switch to the LuxCore tab on the right).

There is a quick start guide here, but it was not updated yet for Blender 2.8: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/BlendLux ... tart_Guide
Maybe it helps a bit nonetheless.

You can also export the scene and open it in luxcoreui, however it is a developer tool not really suited for end-users, and this workflow will be cumbersome because it's not the indended use of the addon.
I know you have been around a long time B.Y.O.B. –thanks for the help! I have seen these features in other apps. Just a bit alarmed at the new Blender....was hoping to teach or give classes at some stage with open source software and feel it is getting bloated or rather the simplicity of the last version seems to be missing...can imagine how luxcoreui would work as used the similiar option in Luxrender for long high resolution renders. Thanks again.
Glendaloch

Post by Glendaloch »

Sorry to write again, but still hours on, am getting no where. Attached is screenshot asking for node editor which is nowhere to be found. Looked at all the manuals....the illustrations in the Luxcore are for the old Blender UI...the present Blender manual has no coherent indication what to do to pull up the material node editor. The Blender interface at present is really badly designed...just to get quick GPU renderings for materials hardly seems worth it...but what do I know?
Glendaloch

Post by Glendaloch »

attached screengrab
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 09.31.27.png
Fox

Post by Fox »

There is good interface tutorial from Sharlybg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjwCOIWwQo4
Glendaloch

Post by Glendaloch »

I got an answer on the Blender forum....Is Luxcore not a spectral renderer as Luxrender (like Maxwell)?