can't post video or animation on the forum

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

can't post video or animation on the forum

Post by lacilaci »

tried some mp4 a few days back and it didn't work.
Ritht now I'm making a small turntable with cutlery for my instagram(nothing fancy just asset I made for my personal interior project), I would share it here but I can't upload and even if I did there is probably no playback here so to see it you would have to download it...

Is this by design? Is this how it's supposed to be or do I need some other file format?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: can't post video or animation on the forum

Post by Dade »

The size of the forum backup is already over 6GB and, first or later, is going to become a problem. Using an external source for video, like youtube, may be better. Anyway, I changed the forum settings to allow the following video extensions:

- avi
- mov
- mp4
- webm
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: can't post video or animation on the forum

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:10 am The size of the forum backup is already over 6GB and, first or later, is going to become a problem. Using an external source for video, like youtube, may be better. Anyway, I changed the forum settings to allow the following video extensions:

- avi
- mov
- mp4
- webm
Thanks, I don't put on youtube. Maybe longer animation would make sense, but short "instagram" type of animations are not worth uploading to youtube and I don't want to make it seem that I'm promoting my instagram here :D