GPU with Blender

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
fliberdygibits

GPU with Blender

Post by fliberdygibits »

First, please no "what you need to buy is..." or "you should be using.... hardware" replies. What I got now is what I got:)

I have an AMD ryzen 5 3400G which has the Vega 11 graphics built it. It works fine in blender.... not speedy but for me just getting started it's fine. I re-inherited a video card I had given to a friend... it returned home....a Radeon R9 270x. It's GCN version is 1.0 while Blender/cycles needs 2.0. However I discovered recently and had been playing with the luxcore render engine. It looks like it will use anything running OpenCL and near as I can tell should be able to use both the vega 11 AND the 270x card. So I when I actually got it in my hands I plugged in the 270x, updated my drivers and cranked up blender. Blenders edit>preferences>system settings says there is no OpenCL compatile card where BEFORE the 270x it worked fine. However LUXCORE DOES see the 270x. What I'm trying to find out is how to activate both cards in blender. I realize some functions will only use certain cards.... it's rather hodge podge but right now blender is acting like the Vega 11 isn't even there tho the Radeon control panel sees it fine. I realize this could be more a blender or an AMD question and I plan to get some messages going there too. Thank you for any input.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: GPU with Blender

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

If both cards show up and work in LuxCore, then it seems to be a Blender-only problem and you are better off asking in a Blender forum or opening a bug report in their tracker.
juangea
Donor
Donor

Re: GPU with Blender

Post by juangea »

The system preferences are just for Cycles, nothing to do with LuxCore :)