Env light cache

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Env light cache

Post by lacilaci »

Hey, did anyone try recently rendering an animation using env.light cache? Is it stable in animations now?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Env light cache

Post by Sharlybg »

Nice to see you back Laci.
The only thing i know about it is that there is a memory improvement planned for it.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

From what I see in last LuxBlend persistant cache is not yet implemented (#293).
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Hmm... Persistent cache is still only good for camera motion. I need to move furniture parts etc

Another problem is pre-processing and I can only get max 30s per frame. 30s is doable without any preprocessing in luxcore... Can we go back to portals :lol: just so much less pain....

EDIT: to give you an idea, in one particular scene I have to wait for almost 2 minutes to get even the env. cache built. that's already like 4x slower I'm willing to spend on a full frame rendering :D
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Aside all the other problems I have with this env light cache, it also seems to alter light strength drastically...

no env cache
noenvcache.jpg
env cache
envcache.jpg
maybe related to clamping... Will post some testscene sometimes later, but I find this feature extremely hard to use and very unreliable and slow... The boost in rendering is just not worth the trouble, I rather render longer than deal with this.