Water ocean

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
pafurijaz

Water ocean

Post by pafurijaz »

HI to all, I'm working with yacht development with Blender, and I'm involved with a nice opportunity to make something with Luxcore, but I'm totally a newbie even I know well this render engine, but never used for a real work only simple test. Now I have the necessity to simulate the ocean but with Cycles I'm satisfied with the result but with LuxCore I don't get the right result, can someone help me with the creation of a plausible water ocean shader?
Thanks..

Here my test. with a simple shader
LP_Yachtfisher_140_Dec2019_012_cropped.jpg
And here my basic node..
Water_luxnn.jpg
Fox

Re: Water ocean

Post by Fox »

I made sample file with ocean modifier, it's 1000m x 1000m and 10m deep.
Quick preview.jpg
Blend
Ocean_Sample.7z
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
Last edited by Fox on Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEBIHOOD

Post by DEBIHOOD »

create a cube instead of a plane, and put a white color for the transmission, add a homogeneous volume, make the absorption color blue, adjust density of scattering
pafurijaz

Post by pafurijaz »

Fox wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:10 am I made sample file with ocean modifier, it's 1000m x 1000m and 10m deep
Hi i know well ocean modifier but is bit heavy and but i didn't find a way to use foam information inside Lux..
Anyway thanks.
pafurijaz

Post by pafurijaz »

DEBIHOOD wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:41 am create a cube instead of a plane, and put a white color for the transmission, add a homogeneous volume, make the absorption color blue, adjust density of scattering
Thanks thanks for the shader info. I will try this, but my goal was a simple plane without thickness and with a wave made procedural if that was possible but if I find a great texture maybe is the better way for me..
Fox

Post by Fox »

pafurijaz wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:15 am Hi i know well ocean modifier but is bit heavy and but i didn't find a way to use foam information inside Lux..
Anyway thanks.
Looks like the ocean modifier does not have instancing.
With alt+d duplicating 1 ocean patch manually, the render was using 7200 MB memory for 5 000 000 000 poly ocean.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Really wonder how the reference your following look like ?

Can we see the cycles one so maybe it is far more easier to help implement something in lux ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA