Today I tested it on my caustic cube scene (render 50 frames of animation, Blender 2.81a + Luxcore build from around Christmas) with these results:
It is a Windows PathOCL Hybrid + SDS-cache problem.
- it does not happen on my Mac
- it does not happen with PathCPU
- it does not happen with light tracing enabled and caustic cache disabled
- it does not happen with caustic cache enabled and light tracing disabled
- it happens with single or both GPUs
- with 4k resolution there are more drop-outs than with 2k
- with 50% resolution there were no drop-outs among the 50 frames rendered
The drop-outs look like only light tracing is rendered while the GPU idles as seen in GPU monitor: Also there is now the light tracing brightness inconsistency visible in a scene with clear glass.
I encountered this before with rough glass only.
When switching to caustic cache only the brightness becomes stable across the frames.
Could anyone run a test with the file and tell if the drop-out and/or caustic brightness issue appear on their system?
Thanks and a fabulous new year 2020 to everyone!