Denoiser (Noob)

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Gobo

Denoiser (Noob)

Post by Gobo »

I am new here - Hello everyone!

Got my first question, i cannot wrap my head around it myself:
- I render the "Danish Mood" sample scene in viewport > works great and denoise is smooth as butter
- I render the "Danish Mood" sample scene in render > works great and denoise is smooth as butter
- I render super simple own scene in viewport > works great and denoise is smooth as butter
- I render super simple own scene in renderer > denoiser text says its denoising, but with no visible result

Something must be in the Danish Mood scene set which i did miss. Of course i activated the Denoiser in properties!
I am running Linux, so i first thought it might be permissions, yet as the DM scene works great that cannot be it.

Thanks for any pointer of where to look.
Axel
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Denoiser (Noob)

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

At the moment, the denoised result is stored in a separate pass in Blender, which is called "DENOISED".
I think in the danish mood scene, the compositor runs after the render is done and the compositing node setup uses the denoised result. You can do the same in your scene or just switch to the DENOISED pass after rendering and save it.
Gobo

Re: Denoiser (Noob)

Post by Gobo »

Ah yes! That was it, wasn't aware of that. Very nice engine btw after the first few looks!

Thank you